Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
the October snowstorm Ian Disaster its going to be a long winter thread

Ji

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope...Kevin Martin's new math. GFS and the Euro all run the old math. New math >>> old math (although in the new math, they don't use > signs, so that's a bit of a clunky equation).

I feel like I need to go back to college so I can understand the CRAS

Anyone brave enough to check out foot's forecast? I'm sure the Blizzard Warnings are ready to fly.

From their Winter Stormcast Facebook page - 10pm last night

From the early morning hours Saturday through mid-morning, we believe there will be the possibility for snowflakes to mix in. The best chance for this will be across the northern and western suburbs of Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. However, areas within 25 miles of the Chesapeake Bay will have a harder time mixing with snow due to the warmer temperatures over the bay. At this time we do not expect any snowfall accumulation for any portion of the region, and we are not expecting a period of all snow. Rainfall amounts will be up to one half inch, with the highest amounts across eastern portions of the region. Although this storm system should not have any significant impacts for the region, it is not a common occurrence for snowflakes to fall along the I-95 corridor in October. (Author: Forecaster Jason M. Collaborators: Forecasters Ross H., Mike N.)

I love Kev

I think the reason we are seeing this thing coming west and that it's going to be a historic life changing wx event for many of us is the fact that Rina weakend. If it had stayed strong and made more of a north move..it would have prevented our snowbomb from happening. The reason why the Euro has had this snowblitz is because it consistently weakened Diarrhena. Same with the Ukie

Archived