Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Katia tracking and discussion thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am19psu guy in the other thread said he was sure of what would happen 10 daysvfrom now and said its easy. I questioned it, he threatened to ban me...so yes, people do in fact do that

That's a misrepresentation of the discussion. am19psu is a first-rate mod and he did not threaten to ban you for disagreeing. Anyone can go read for themselves.

That's a misrepresentation of the discussion. am19psu is a first-rate mod and he did not threaten to ban you for disagreeing. Anyone can go read for themselves.

Uhhhh I said sarcastically "yeah making a forecast with certainty is something id do ten days out" and he said "are you asking to get banned?"

To me it sounds like my opinion that a 10 day forecast with certainty was wrong was bannable, but whatever I don't really care honestly.

Donnie baseball to stiffen the weenie...

At this time, I believe that Katia has weakened a little more from earlier this afternoon. I would not be surprised if the NHC has lowered its estimated maximum winds to 65 mph.

An area of strengthening shear currently at 15-20 knots covers Katia's northern circulation. However, to its west, the shear has been relaxing. As Katia tracks generally west-northwestward overnight into tomorrow, it will gradually move into an environment that could become more favorable for restrengthening. Before then, some additional weakening might be possible overnight.

Its lack of growth will likely limit any turn to the north in the near-term. That could translate into Katia's coming farther to the west.

At this time, I still believe Katia has about a 60% chance of recurvature. However, the combination of its weaker strength and prospect that ridging will close the weakness for a time increases prospects of its tracking more to the West. Previously, I had thought that 65W-70W would be about as far as Katia gets before it recurves. Odds of its reaching at least 70W-75W have increased. In a worst-case scenario, Katia could continue to track mainly west to west-northwestward until it gets so far to the west that its turn to the north comes too late to avoid landfall. Floyd (1999) is an example of such a storm.

Right now, I do not expect a Floyd-like outcome. But I can see Katia passing near 20.0N 57.6W, 25.0N 67.6W, and 30.0N 71.7W at this time. The first two positions would be about 50 and 210 miles west of the 9/1 5 pm NHC track. A delayed turn northward from a weaker Katia has raised prospects of such a track.

Donald-Sutherland.jpg

All I can say is, stranger things have happened .. this storm crawls on the models

Maybe this is one time we see a miracle track and upper air pattern..but I just can't see how this will hit the NE. Maybe m bias from previous storms like bill and Earl, Bearl

I think it' good they ALL models are trending tho

It managed to merge with that trough and try to get flung up the coast but the NW Atlantic ridging is still getting beat down and slips out to sea.

Osu have you seen any discrepancies with models and the Atlantic Ridging?

Stronger or weaker than moddelled?

It managed to merge with that trough and try to get flung up the coast but the NW Atlantic ridging is still getting beat down and slips out to sea.

I think it manages to just be a tease, but it is interesting. If anything...maybe NC has the "biggest" threat? I put that in quotation marks because it obviously isn't much of a threat.

Archived