• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Katia tracking and discussion thread

Damage In Tolland

what exactly makes them more prone to that? Is it because most of the storm is lower physically in the atmosphere so therefore gets pushed around less by UL currents?

the depth of the storm is greater, thus the winds higher in the atmosphere have more of an effect. isn't this common sense?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not everyone is a met, and you have to start somewhere with your learning which oftentimes involves asking questions to be sure that information you've obtained went in correctly. sorry...

There's nothing wrong with asking questions...the problem is too many people...

1) aren't reading the thread first to see what was written.

2) posting stupid stuff in general to make the thread a proverbial clusterf**k.

A good # of folks really need to post less/read more. It would really cut down on the crap...and the 1938 lolz.

I am glad some of the more knowledgable posters have the patience and maturity to answer legitimate questions while remaining polite.

The amount of snarky and rude comments by highly educated people is saddening.

Asking a serious question in a regional forum should be allowed and encouraged without being insulted.

I am glad some of the more knowledgable posters have the patience and maturity to answer legitimate questions while remaining polite.

The amount of snarky and rude comments by highly educated people is saddening.

Asking a serious question in a regional forum should be allowed and encouraged without being insulted.

A quick skim is all that you need to do over there. The newbie will most certainly be turned off by the general "vibe", as Josh so eloquently has coined it. It's entertaining to see the posturing and posing that goes on. But it's just that, entertainment. If you need actual information and a real forecast, let's not forget the NHC and the real Pro's who do their jobs at the highest of levels, and verify best, year in and year out.

Of course, the SNE thread is always a must stop/read/stay with the likes of our local talent.

i appreciate it, but with a higher/stronger storm is it more prone to shear in the upper levels also?

Well it would be, but these storms are prone to shear even when they are weak. Believe it or not, the updrafts in tropical systems are not nearly as strong as say, severe tstms in the Plains. They are entirely different beasts in the tropics. The shear can disrupt the updrafts and displace convection in tropical systems so that is why we don't want shear.

Satire aside, I wouldn't rule out some effects from Katia. It's possible heights are relaxed a little more than progged between D5 and 8 over Canda, or maybe gulf system gets partially absorbed but seperates and cuts off a little further north...subtle changes would go a long way and there is some time left to address the details.

I would not rule out a good amount of rain throughout e NE.

That trough/closed low would have to be like 300 miles west to get us in the game. Don't think it's gonna happen.

Yeah agreed. I think the westerlies dip too far south into NNE. It could try to phase into that ULL and dump some rain and a little wind over the Cape, but to bring her up here would take some more work. I suppose you can't completely write it off, but that's how it looks to me anyways.

Yeah agreed. I think the westerlies dip too far south into NNE. It could try to phase into that ULL and dump some rain and a little wind over the Cape, but to bring her up here would take some more work. I suppose you can't completely write it off, but that's how it looks to me anyways.

Yeah you want to see the low diving out of the northern Plains and ready to amplify and cut-off.... not a low opening up and lifting out.

Archived