gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Katia tracking and discussion thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It needs to get further south and west before it starts it's journey north. The GFS pattern at 5-8 days is pretty decent...but the hurricane starts too far out to get completely captured and closer to the coast.

I'm not a history buff like some but I'm willing to bet no hurricane has hit us from the GFS position just prior to the move NW and then turn.

Like you said needs to sneak further west first.

Why!!?? I happen to enjoy SnowNH's posts...There are a lot of cowards in this thread who criticize SnowNH just because it's a fashionable thing to do and there's always safety in numbers....It's pretty weak. If he writes something stupid or inaccurate, then critique...but don't just criticize for the sake of criticizing....because when it comes to weather..often times a lot of people are wrong, and most people in this thread did a mediocre job at best predicting Irene's ultimate landfall.

I'm usually wrong. I rely on Scott to set me straight. :)

JMHO the Euro is likely too far east long term because it's probably going to be too strong like every other storm this year.

It's days away from being declared a threat or fish, but by reading the main thread I've come to the conlusion meteorology has rapidly moved forward in the last three weeks and is now an exact science. I must have missed the memo where the quantum leap was made, chaos accounted for and accuracy increased to 99.999%.

The global models were all too far west. The GFS is different now than it was then...I feel it does better on tropicals now.

exFIM actually did pretty well with Irene, Ukie is left bias, but the longer Katia stays weaker the further south and west it can stay, interesting also with the TS hitting japan that is forecasted to become a powerful extropical storm and the role it may play down the line, lots of stuff going on, I would not rule out a Cape Cod grazing, or Carolina direct hit for that matter.

Well you better watch out, because you might get a deluge if the front stalls...regardless of tropical moisture. Same deal with interior NJ and PA. That could be a problem.

Do you mean this coming Sunday/Monday stalled front or later on down the road?

A SLOW-MOVING FRONTAL SYSTEM AND INCREASING HUMIDITY LEVELS WILL

BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS SUNDAY AFTERNOON INTO

SUNDAY EVENING. THE MAIN THREAT FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE LOCALLY

DAMAGING WINDS...ISOLATED LARGE HAIL...CLOUD-TO-GROUND

LIGHTNING...AND THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL.

CONTINUED PERIODS OF RAIN...MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL

PERSIST SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY AS THE FRONTAL SYSTEM SLOWLY

MOVES ACROSS THE NORTH COUNTRY FROM WEST TO EAST. RAINFALL AMOUNTS

OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. WITH ALREADY WET GROUND AND

EROSION FROM RECENT FLOODING AND FLASH FLOODING...FORECAST RAINFALL

MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL IMPACTS SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON WILL PROVIDE FURTHER

UPDATES ON THIS DEVELOPING WEATHER SITUATION THROUGHOUT THE

WEEKEND.

JMHO the Euro is likely too far east long term because it's probably going to be too strong like every other storm this year.

It's days away from being declared a threat or fish, but by reading the main thread I've come to the conlusion meteorology has rapidly moved forward in the last three weeks and is now an exact science. I must have missed the memo where the quantum leap was made, chaos accounted for and accuracy increased to 99.999%.

lol

ironic, as so many confident pro forecasts on this board (inside 48 hrs!) were burned by irene

appreciate your comments as always

exFIM actually did pretty well with Irene, Ukie is left bias, but the longer Katia stays weaker the further south and west it can stay, interesting also with the TS hitting japan that is forecasted to become a powerful extropical storm and the role it may play down the line, lots of stuff going on, I would not rule out a Cape Cod grazing, or Carolina direct hit for that matter.

Recurve city bro, east and west, big big winter incoming as well as some real fall air.

Ginx we were just over in Southport at high tide, easily 2ft+ above normal, water was in the Southpart Yacht club parking lot. I think it may be a long few weeks for coastal residents.

Yea CF warnings out, lots of dunes are gone in SRI, nightmare scenario for next one if it comes but a very big problem for winter.

lol

ironic, as so many confident pro forecasts on this board (inside 48 hrs!) were burned by irene

appreciate your comments as always

Lol its hilarious.. with a 7 day threat too... also a Guy can post the 168 JMA, but tip gets criticized for mentioning the pattern of 1938

It appears with the strogner Atlantic ridge and KAtia...the front that was supposed to sail thru and give us an early autumnal preview next week..now gets hung up right over the heart of SNE. Days of humidity and training rains looking more likely Sunday-mid week

If the euro is right, it would be tropical muggies, followed by chilly rain/drizzle.

Archived