wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Katia tracking and discussion thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bri, water under the bridge....we're fine.

I agree with you RE winter....folks are going to die....no one is immortal...news flash. I will say this, though....most snow related deaths are more of the preventable variety.

You deal with it is as best you can, dust yourself off and carry on.

It seems in the past 50 years and especially 20 years, the same can be said for hurricane deaths. Stupid people surfing, walking around under powerlines, struck by falling trees, driving through flooded roads...many preventable ones, too. Anyway , agree with you.

NEWS FLASH: life is a terminal illness. We're all going to die someday, we just don't know when and where. if I should die chasing a tornado it

would be a far more exciting death than if I went in my sleep. With most everyone on here being a weather weenie, they understand that adrenaline

rush you get from getting hit by a hurricane, or a repeat of the blizzards of 78 and 93. there is a lot of excitement in following and discussing these potential storms.

Bottom line is we're all going to die sometime. death can only be postponed not prevented. so my advice is get over it and enjoy the extreme weather.

While it looks fishy, there are some interesting model challenges down the road. If you believe the GFS, it misses the first trough and then gets picked up by the massive ULL that forms over the southeast. But look how strong that ULL is. If you buy the GFS, that massive ULL and a 594 decameter ridge to the east makes it somewhat of an eye opener, but that is sort of a pipe dream for now. If you want to weenie out, than you want that NHC track to keep shifting wsw. If this thngs becomes major and gets tugged poleward, than yes it will probably be one heck of a storm over the Titanic.

Well the GFS wasn't too far off from doing something interesting with that big ULL to the south, but alas the nrn stream trough kicks it out. This is one of the more convoluted setups that I've seen with tropicals...especially since you might have a TC in the Gulf.

NEWS FLASH: life is a terminal illness. We're all going to die someday, we just don't know when and where. if I should die chasing a tornado it

would be a far more exciting death than if I went in my sleep. With most everyone on here being a weather weenie, they understand that adrenaline

rush you get from getting hit by a hurricane, or a repeat of the blizzards of 78 and 93. there is a lot of excitement in following and discussing these potential storms.

Bottom line is we're all going to die sometime. death can only be postponed not prevented. so my advice is get over it and enjoy the extreme weather.

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

~Woody Allen

Well the GFS wasn't too far off from doing something interesting with that big ULL to the south, but alas the nrn stream trough kicks it out. This is one of the more convoluted setups that I've seen with tropicals...especially since you might have a TC in the Gulf.

This thing is working with a stacked deck against it I think. It just gains a lot of latitude too early that it will take a pretty sick trough to suck it NNW.

This thing is working with a stacked deck against it I think. It just gains a lot of latitude too early that it will take a pretty sick trough to suck it NNW.

I agree, the latitude is detrimental, but that's one heck of an ULL over the south. Too bad that northern paRt of the trough is sheared out to the northeast. The whole thing is interesting, especially with whatever happens to potential Lee in the Gulf. For snowNH's sake....I wouldn't bet on anything up this way, but that pattern has pretty good amplitude...it's just that nrn stream trough.

On a side note, look at that cold shot later in the period.

I agree, the latitude is detrimental, but that's one heck of an ULL over the south. Too bad that northern paRt of the trough is sheared out to the northeast. The whole thing is interesting, especially with whatever happens to potential Lee in the Gulf. For snowNH's sake....I wouldn't bet on anything up this way, but that pattern has pretty good amplitude...it's just that nrn stream trough.

Mentioning my name got me excited

Noticed that, The 540dm lines makes into Northern Maine around the 16th

Still looks most likely that Katia misses the U.S. to the east right now, but models generally are coming far enough west now so that it wouldn't take much to make life more interesting.

What are some benchmarks for this storm?

What do we need to happen to hit the u.s.

Archived