northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rips mostly. Was thinking of hitting Newport (Sachuset) Friday, but maybe not if a bit rippy.

School starts Monday (maybe)

We usually hit Narra in southern RI twice a year after July 15 for boogie boarding after the first "Bertha" re curves and sends ground swell. Never went this year - eh, families weighing the chums down and no early TCs. But the swim suit malfunctions in 10 fts curlers is a sight to behold.

This is really the first time I've seen a negative side to the move towards regional subforums. Large scope analysis of Irene has been lost all together, and the main forum has turned into a mixing bowl of garbage. Really disappointing actually.

The main thead is over moderated by staff and\or members, so many screw to their respective subforums.

It's too tense in there.

It will help slightly, but its generally negligible...TCHP is basically zilch north of 35N

Yep just a matter of how fast it weakens. Do you remember the storm many years ago that redeveloped while over the swamps of eastern NC?

This chart is fairly accurate...and typical. If it stays west of Islip it'll be able to maintain a bit better than if it slides east. That cooler wedge has been there quite often this summer south of Block.

ne_11_08_23_03_15_PM_H.gif

Yep just a matter of how fast it weakens. Do you remember the storm many years ago that redeveloped while over the swamps of eastern NC?

This chart is fairly accurate...and typical. If it stays west of Islip it'll be able to maintain a bit better than if it slides east. That cooler wedge has been there quite often this summer south of Block.

ne_11_08_23_03_15_PM_H.gif

I don't think it makes a huge diff......OHC is what it is, though.

I remember that.....it was a system that came ashore along the gulf coast and it started to reorganize prior to it's exit along the NC coast.

The main thead is over moderated by staff and\or members, so many screw to their respective subforums.

It's too tense in there.

Made one post of nearly live SST' shots and it got deleted. Other nonsense remains, to me it is no different than the old days when people wanted a storm to hit their region and any talk or comments that didn't play into that caused a riot. Kind of surprised to see it on AmericanWx to be honest.

Unless my eyes are crooked the 0z 60hr GFS is well east of the 12z 72hr GFS.

Made one post of nearly live SST' shots and it got deleted. Other nonsense remains, to me it is no different than the old days when people wanted a storm to hit their region and any talk or comments that didn't play into that caused a riot. Kind of surprised to see it on AmericanWx to be honest.

Unless my eyes are crooked the 0z 60hr GFS is well east of the 12z 72hr GFS.

I posted something regarding intensity being dictated by inner processes last night and it was deleted...lame.

would not suprise me regarding the GFS.

Meh, it all just becomes muddled. I frankly don't care for reading pages upon pages on SST concerns 120 hours from impact either.

You ever hear the story about the three little bears and the porridge...I'm thinking you'd never have found the one that was just right. :whistle:

It's a fairly decent jump east all the way through 108, I can't see but I'm guessing it's not touching the outer banks on this run?

So we have a weaker Bob, 4 days out....awesome lol

I think that has been one of the more likely scenarios for awhile. This won't be as strong as Bob and I'm favoring a SE MA/Cape landfall. But we'll see. We have to remember that we are not tracking this inside of 48 or even 72 hours...its still over 100 hours out.

Archived