wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the power companies were working there azzes of trust me, my wifes family who live about 3 miles north of rte 1 in the back country had no power for 7 days. That area is filled with massive maples, ash and oak.........the area from Greewich - stamford-darien and even into Norwalk and Westport were just decimated. Trees down everywhere. Since then the power companies have truly done a ton of pruning along roadways.....but its a losing battle if something like Irene comes through as modeled, forget about it.

It really is amazing what the crews do. 12 on 12 off. Engineers/designers/PMs working OT for 2 weeks.

I joked about this 5 months ago when we planned this. I sh*t you not.

Well if you get hit, I'll enjoy the obs from here. It's all good. Having a blast so far and Yosemite and SFO to come. No need to sacrifice a marriage to weenie out during a cane..lol. Although I would not disagree if she wanted to get back.

This sounds sick but I try not to plan any vacations via plane in late August and September. Blizzards I can miss and be ok.

This sounds sick but I try not to plan any vacations via plane in late August and September. Blizzards I can miss and be ok.

It is sick...but we all secretly do it. I didn't have much of a choice, and wanted to take her here. Figure..what are the odds? axesmiley.png

But don't worry...I'll be here for the '99-'00 winter we're getting.

The main threads are filled with DBs.....you can't say anything without being cyberraped.

Yea its not even worth reading anymore... Its like rotational posts of LEKking, lookout, wxsmwhrms, and Tip(best poster)

I mean its good to have only mets post, but it kinda sucks when the posts are spread out every 20 minutes. Thats why the NE thread is good. There is constantly posts, whether they be good (Will) or bad(me)

It is sick...but we all secretly do it. I didn't have much of a choice, and wanted to take her here. Figure..what are the odds? axesmiley.png

But don't worry...I'll be here for the '99-'00 winter we're getting.

I may head out west in January, so mark that down for a BECS.

First time that I have noted a discernible eye on Infared imagery, though rather ragged.....off she goes.

Yea its not even worth reading anymore... Its like rotational posts of LEKking, lookout, wxsmwhrms, and Tip(best poster)

I mean its good to have only mets post, but it kinda sucks when the posts are spread out every 20 minutes. Thats why the NE thread is good. There is constantly posts, whether they be good (Will) or bad(me)

I thanked a guy from St Croix and encouraged him to continue to post obs, and someone jumped on me for it....very prominent poster within the tropical threads.

WTF....I understand that there is alot of traffic, but that is just ignorant.

We only joke around with you. You seem like a good guy..never seen you come off as a dick. Unfortunately this board has many who hide behind their dell screen pretending to be a hard-charger, only to be a massive tampon in reality.

Smart idea. Bryan Norcross' coverage of Andrew catapulted him into becoming one of the highest paid local TV Mets in the history of the medium....landed him a job as an on-air hurricane consultant with Dan Rather's CBS Evening News, and now has him with NBC/TWC all because of one event.

Smart idea. Bryan Norcross' coverage of Andrew catapulted him into becoming one of the highest paid local TV Mets in the history of the medium....landed him a job as an on-air hurricane consultant with Dan Rather's CBS Evening News, and now has him with NBC/TWC all because of one event.

Ryan in a safe room telecasting, talking Tip off the Tobin live?, cool

The thing is it can easily resume. All that has to happen in a hair more westerlies develop and it goes to the BM.

Given the modeled slower than normal speed of the storm do you think this has a chance to make landfall in SNE as a 'cane?

I was talking to someone today who mentioned that on the whole last year's storms verified west of guidance once they got north of Florida. IE, recurved too fast in all the models.

That said isn't the early guidance just 18z corrected for position?

Ryan has been warning about infrastructure issues for quite a while. I hope this is not a big test

The houses build near the ocean are just not built to sustain much. When I went to Ocracoke and Hatteras this summer, I noticed how almost all houses were built on huge stills and were very high up. Do you see that in Rhode Island? No way.... And there is an endless amount of houses that were built right on the ocean. Now, some houses are built on hills, but I can think of 100s right off the top of my head that can't deal with the coastal flooding that we may get.

I don't know how to link to specifics on Google Maps, but if you look at all the overpopulation near Matunuk, Point Judith, Newport, etc. I know Bonnet Shores is on the Bay, but jesus... those are all houses built below sea level and on the beach.

Man up, you're the most sensitive poster in this thread. The other day someone went off-topic on a thread you started and you freaked out.

Ha, it's all good bro, my freak outs are all in fun. I love me some Snow in NH posts, but please link me to my freak out, could have been a bad night with cranky Grandkids.

Archived