12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're the cweat/messenger of summer. Annoying and redundant.

Post another pic of your tomato plants we haven't had an update in 20 minutes, As for your contribution on the weather side, oh wait, I forgot, you contribute nothing. Nevermind. BTW, CWEAT is a very knowledgeable weather buff, thanks for the compliment.

Warm and nasty humid thru at least Monday AWT..then a slight milddown..then we torch and hope that the huge cane off the SE coast can somehow make a move north next weekend

That's gonna be a nice cooldown I think. The we do warm up later in the week.

As far as the storm goes...forget it. The only thing that could happen..is the remnants coming up like what the 00z GFS has.

I shouldn't say "forget it" in this field, but it just looks mighty difficult for it to come up.

There is a weak ULL progged near ORD later next week, but it looks like the westerlies would be too strong and kick the storm back east. Who knows though...still some time with this...and this has not even formed yet. It could also get ripped apart by Hispaniola.

I joked a month ago saying watch us get a storm while I'm gone next week, so with my luck..we might..lol.

I shouldn't say "forget it" in this field, but it just looks mighty difficult for it to come up.

There is a weak ULL progged near ORD later next week, but it looks like the westerlies would be too strong and kick the storm back east. Who knows though...still some time with this...and this has not even formed yet. It could also get ripped apart by Hispaniola.

I joked a month ago saying watch us get a storm while I'm gone next week, so with my luck..we might..lol.

I won't be shocked if we some buckling of the flow in the midwest on the models as we get closer..but doubtful enough to get it to come north

Again I will say it, I will not be at all surprised if the end of this month featues Hydro concerns, mean trough over us and the potential for tropical rains looms large. Not saying Hurricane but lots of tropical inflow.

Well, better in the summer than spring. How are rivers doing compared to seasonal norms?

I would think a bit above normal.

Well, better in the summer than spring. How are rivers doing compared to seasonal norms?

I would think a bit above normal.

Looks like our rivers are coming down from their highs from the weekend's rains. Funny you should ask because I was thinking the same thing! I don't want the normal flows are but you can see that they have crested.

I think we're doing well compared to the Missouri River basin:

http://water.weather.gov/ahps/

Sure, Messenger's crazy but anyone who was on the boards for the March 1, 2005 SE MA wet snowbomb that he absolutely nailed respects his weather aptitude. That was a call of a life-time and it's rare to see one person singularly dominate a specific event. He even spent the next morning doing on-site measurements all over SE MA.

I remember that... Wright-Weather boards, messenger made a name for himself.

Summer surge is looking impressive, next 6 days feature highs of 83 83 83 84 82 80, with Tstorms chances each day, then we absolutely roast come later next week.

You know its getting cooler when your "warm" highs are only 80-84F. A month ago this post would've been filled with temps of 88-92F.

No doubt we are on the turn downward and I love it... last few nights have all been the classic fall valley fog that seems to linger a lot longer in the morning than it did a few weeks ago. A month ago the fog burned by 8am... now its like 9-9:30am. Very easy to notice as we seem to fog up every night its clear. 1/4 mile visibility stuff here in the village at 800ft but then bright sun above the fog at the ski area base at 1,500ft. Here in the valley, 52F last night, 53F the night before, dead on average. Average lows peaked at 55F a little while ago, now we are going down and won't be long till averages are upper 40s overnight.

I'll admit the next few days will likely come in again with positive departures due to warmer afternoon temps as lows are progged to be right at average... the classic late summer mountain valley weather with large diurnal temperature spreads thanks to low humidity... forecast next few days is, 82/54, 83/51, 81/53. Open the windows during the day, wake up cold in the morning if you don't shut them at night.

If you enjoy above normal temps and high humidity..then yes it certainly is

Rev,

You kinda jumped the shark earlier this week when you were calling 60 degree temps and 60 degree dew points "humid".....but you've been right just about all summer....especially about the humidity. After a 60 hour reprieve from the humidity, it's back and once again the dew point is above 70 here and this is probably the 35-40th calendar date where the dews have eclipsed 70 and this can't be spun any other way....that's a helluva lot of humidity in an area where over 90% of the houses do not have central AC.

Rev,

You kinda jumped the shark earlier this week when you were calling 60 degree temps and 60 degree dew points "humid".....but you've been right just about all summer....especially about the humidity. After a 60 hour reprieve from the humidity, it's back and once again the dew point is above 70 here and this is probably the 35-40th calendar date where the dews have eclipsed 70 and this can't be spun any other way....that's a helluva lot of humidity in an area where over 90% of the houses do not have central AC.

Sure has been a humid summer, might be a signal being so humid on the coast. Most people have window units in all of SNE, central air is rare.

Rev,

Thanks man..I appreciate it. I have a lot of haters..but it's always nice when someone offers some appreciative words.

Archived