amirah5
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe, nice pic

What storm is that from?

I took that pic in late jan last year, heavy heavy snowpack, it was actually not taken after a storm but a few days later, we had an epic run here from late dec into jan, then reality hit and I think I got like 4 inches of snow combined for feb and march:(. But, those 6 weeks were simply incredible.

Man I almost had you this winter...lol. Probably won't be as lucky this go around, but you never know.

That's probably like a 1 in 25-30 year thing. I think BOS beat them in 1993-1994. That's the only one I can come up with for our lifetimes. Though parts of SE MA beat them in '04-'05 but BOS was more around the 90" mark which wouldn't have been enough to get his area.

That's probably like a 1 in 25-30 year thing. I think BOS beat them in 1993-1994. That's the only one I can come up with for our lifetimes. Though parts of SE MA beat them in '04-'05 but BOS was more around the 90" mark which wouldn't have been enough to get his area.

I was guessing maybe 1-20 or 25 or so. I don't even expect to compete with Ray, but to compete with nrn ORH county is pretty dam good. I'm sort of fearing an interior winter, but I'll let the cards fall as they may. Would be nice to get an '08-'09 esque winter. Maybe it's possible with a little help to the northeast...well northeast.

I'm hoping to compete with Kevin this year.

I've hit 80 on the 1st, 7th and 8th of August. The last 3 dasy highs have been in the mid 60's.

First 17 days of August at BDR as I dont keep personal records(although today was 87 here)

Obvious to see why you and I have different views on this month Peter, everything is relative.

Blah, blah,blah.....

http://www.americanw...1/page__st__340

Here ya go...Talk low 80s and sunny with these guys.. I don't even think 1,394' in east bum f*** of MA is SNE anyways..Enjoy

It looks like tomorrow is going to be sneakingly hot and humid. Just came from a softball game and you could tell it was rising throughout the night.

NWS has high of 86 here

Here ya go...Talk low 80s and sunny with these guys.. I don't even think 1,394' in east bum f*** of MA is SNE anyways..Enjoy

It looks like tomorrow is going to be sneakingly hot and humid. Just came from a softball game and you could tell it was rising throughout the night.

NWS has high of 86 here

Hmmm only hit 78F here, BOX thought 81...they have me at 83 tomorrow

Probably will get to 80 or so...

And are you in SNE???

NWS has high of 86 here

CINQUO CINQUO CINQUO CINQUO CINQUO

NWS has high of 86 here

PMS ?!!

First 17 days of August at BDR as I dont keep personal records(although today was 87 here)

Obvious to see why you and I have different views on this month Peter, everything is relative.

Holy canoli ! Still lots of 70's and low 80's in there . I thought it would have been hotter down there. Cool and rainy FTW.

Agree Dom! Dominicks is a special place, one of the originals, after a good meal, its great to walk around and get the bread, meats, and desserts :thumbsup:

Yeah I was just there in April...bought a ton of bread to bring home from one of the bakeries there. Some of the best chicola bread I've ever had.

Having recently moved from New England, I think it might be that NE has the most weather, the most frequently. Sure, the extremes of temp, wind, rain, etc are more likely in places away from the coast, but there is something to talk about more often than not there. It's just more interesting, more often! :)

I'd also like to know the proportion of mets at, say, the NWS nationally who grew up in NE. Betcha it's fairly high.

And I have to agree with the Arkansas thing. I work with a guy there, and our phone conferences are always punctuated with "...and then I went down to the basement while working on this proposal, 'cause the sirens went off, again...."

I bet Harvey Leonard inspired a lot of would be Mets. When local tv news was a booming business during the 1980s I bet the Boston tv market had the greatest compilation of local tv Mets in the entire nation and this inspired a lot of local people to go into the field. I remember being 6-years old in 1983 playing with the rabbit ears in order to get the forecasts on 4, 5, and 6. My Grandfather always used to yell at me wondering why I was always watching the Boston tv stations, he had no idea that I was living vicacriously through our snowier neighbors to the north.

I think I became such a snow nut because I remember a lot of big snowstorms when I was a little boy, even in Newport during the early 1980s through 1985 there were a number of big snowstorms that didn't change to rain...but during the 1985-1986 season everything began to change...and although 1986-1987 and 1987-1988 were respectable... it took me years to be pleased again with a winter and this wasn't until 1993-1994. Did the eruption of Mount Saint Helens play a role in our winters during the early 80s??

You're the cweat/messenger of summer. Annoying and redundant.

Sure, Messenger's crazy but anyone who was on the boards for the March 1, 2005 SE MA wet snowbomb that he absolutely nailed respects his weather aptitude. That was a call of a life-time and it's rare to see one person singularly dominate a specific event. He even spent the next morning doing on-site measurements all over SE MA.

Sure, Messenger's crazy but anyone who was on the boards for the March 1, 2005 SE MA wet snowbomb that he absolutely nailed respects his weather aptitude. That was a call of a life-time and it's rare to see one person singularly dominate a specific event. He even spent the next morning doing on-site measurements all over SE MA.

Lol...he does that after every storm...in his penny loafers.

Archived