12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's def well above normal into 80's to near 90 and more importantly..very very humid

It drives a front into the area with shwrs/tstms, then ne winds. So verbatim, I don't see it as anything special, but it I could see some humidity.

But some of what might happen, might be tied to any tropical. Those things can help with ridging in the east, especially if it becomes large. However, that is obviously very questionable. And as far as tropics go...you'll be watching it from afar again. Although..weenies can pray that it's remnants give a good rain and wind event like the GFS has.

It drives a front into the area with shwrs/tstms, then ne winds. So verbatim, I don't see it as anything special, but it I could see some humidity.

But some of what might happen, might be tied to any tropical. Those things can help with ridging in the east, especially if it becomes large. However, that is obviously very questionable. And as far as tropics go...you'll be watching it from afar again. Although..weenies can pray that it's remnants give a good rain and wind event like the GFS has.

While the Euro has a cat 5 in the Central Gulf lol

WOw--I was wondering where he had gone to. Why'd he go down there? Wasn't he becoming an avid skier?

73.6/68

I believe he lived there before moving up here. That's too bad. He is a true snow weenie if there ever was one. He'd drive to see a dusting

I kept hoping to meet up with him at Wachusett but it never happened

WOw--I was wondering where he had gone to. Why'd he go down there? Wasn't he becoming an avid skier?

73.6/68

He PM'd me a few times back in June about moving up here for the winter... he wanted to try the ski bum life and enjoy a winter of 150" at the house and 300"+ on the slopes. Looking at rentals on craigslist and stuff... Florida is like the exact opposite of what he was talking about.

above normal summer rolls on, I would assume WC was 69 for a high and 2k 66?:)

They have an amazing climate there... or poorly sited thermometers. High at "Chester, MA" at 1,450ft is showing 72F, while Peru at over 1,800ft is 75F.

There must be a cool belt in that 1,400ft range where he lives if temps struggled to get into the low 70s, haha. Up here at 4,000ft on Mansfield it was 66F so the east slopes were only a handful of degrees warmer than the 4,000ft summits up here. My high was 82F at 800ft which makes sense with a roughly 15F difference between here and the summit. Low this morning was 52F (average) so we'll come in with a few degrees positive departure from the warmer than normal high.

They have an amazing climate there... or poorly sited thermometers. High at "Chester, MA" at 1,450ft is showing 72F, while Peru at over 1,800ft is 75F.

There must be a cool belt in that 1,400ft range where he lives if temps struggled to get into the low 70s, haha. Up here at 4,000ft on Mansfield it was 66F so the east slopes were only a handful of degrees warmer than the 4,000ft summits up here. My high was 82F at 800ft which makes sense with a roughly 15F difference between here and the summit. Low this morning was 52F (average) so we'll come in with a few degrees positive departure from the warmer than normal high.

I suspect he has somehow tampered with the temp sensors up in that area

How could a low reading be gained by poor siting? Too many trees?

I could see if it was too high...

They have an amazing climate there... or poorly sited thermometers. High at "Chester, MA" at 1,450ft is showing 72F, while Peru at over 1,800ft is 75F

I think the Peru site is at 1900'....I know the town center is at 2000' and I believe it's the highest town center center in New England.

I know what you mean about being properly sited....there's so many problems with that all over. Then people just use the one that that suits them...warm or cold bias.

Archived