SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm and wet is my call. It's easier to verify warm now with normals dropping more quickly. I'm flummoxed on winter this year. Signals are clear as mud. It looks to me that we end up with low end moderate Nina. If NAO holds, we party. If not, we find other things to do with our time...lol. Analogs (for me are diverse and contradicting)

Warm and wet is my call. It's easier to verify warm now with normals dropping more quickly. I'm flummoxed on winter this year. Signals are clear as mud. It looks to me that we end up with low end moderate Nina. If NAO holds, we party. If not, we find other things to do with our time...lol. Analogs (for me are diverse and contradicting)

This current system sealed the deal for me. I think we're going to be happy with how things work out for us.

This current system sealed the deal for me. I think we're going to be happy with how things work out for us.

When I walked out of the house yesterday morning early, I felt like I was snapped back into winter mode. Long duration system....oh to achieve this in winter!

When I walked out of the house yesterday morning early, I felt like I was snapped back into winter mode. Long duration system....oh to achieve this in winter!

Yesterday at 2k it truly felt like an October system. Wind driven rain and temps in the 50's. Last week I saw geese flying in a V formation. I don't recall ever seeing that in early August. Not that this is a true indicator of anything but it plays into a general theme I'm seeing in forest and field here. The early morning birdsong has already trailed off to a few forlorn calls. The crops are ready to be harvested and the fair is less than two weeks away. Last year as we left the fair we were walking through a field and I looked up to see geese flying south silouetted against the moon. In that instant I felt assured we would have a big Winter. I feel the same this year. We shall see.

Turned off the AC for the first time in weeks last night. Opened up the windows and enjoyed the fresh air. Loved it. Low of 60F. I see more of the same for the foreseeable future. Looks like we get our next shot at precip. by this weekend. It does not look prolific but there is a nice embedded shortwave that may spawn a week slp south of us. And by next week we will be under the influence of a huge trough anchored in Hudsons Bay. After that, who knows. The tropics look interesting by late next week on the Euro. Something to monitor. I think Wiz's severe season has gone bye-bye.

WHat a beautiful morning, looks like a band of rain will move through later this morning, while wed on looks slightly above normal with increasing humidity into the weekend, its almost verification time, two more weeks then we can see exactly what met summer delivered

It was just good to have "weather" back after the sub tropical foray over the last six weeks. :thumbsup:

Kind of like when they said that history had begun again after the two Superpower dominated Cold War ended and all the old power politics between states resurfaced. Now bring back the baroclinic fights with regularity.

Archived