joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Scott any thoughts on the tropical system advertised on the GFS? Do you think it could make a run up here?

All I can really say is that there seems to be some sort of a "threat" to the east and even the Gulf for that matter. I really wouldn't use stronger language at this stage of the game...especially since it hasn't really formed.

However, imo the euro has done better than the GFS this year and the fact that it has something is noteworthy.

All I can really say is that there seems to be some sort of a "threat" to the east and even the Gulf for that matter. I really wouldn't use stronger language at this stage of the game...especially since it hasn't really formed.

However, imo the euro has done better than the GFS this year and the fact that it has something is noteworthy.

Unless the flow buckles over the midwest..that thing would never make it up here..Maybe FL or something

Man ..Donna really blasted us in SNE...145mph winds at Blue Hill.

Also the only cane to ever bring hurricane force winds to every state on the East coast

Oh we pray

Maximum sustained winds of 105 mph (169 km/h) with gusts of 115 mph (185 km/h) were reported from Long Island and Rhode Island.[16] Storm surge values reached 11 ft (3.4 m) in New York Harbor, which wrecked area piers.[17] The winds of Donna can be seen in the feature film Blast of Silence (1961); a fist fight scene on Long Island had been previously scheduled, and the filmmakers decided to go ahead and shoot the exterior scene despite the hurricane.[18]Blue Hill Observatory in Massachusetts reported gusts to over 145 mph (233 km/h).[1] The strong southwest winds associated with Donna at Chatham, in combination with very little rainfall, led to a significant deposit of salt spray which whitewashed southwest-facing windows. Many trees and shrubs saw their leaves brown due to the salt

Man ..Donna really blasted us in SNE...145mph winds at Blue Hill.

Also the only cane to ever bring hurricane force winds to every state on the East coast

Oh we pray

Maximum sustained winds of 105 mph (169 km/h) with gusts of 115 mph (185 km/h) were reported from Long Island and Rhode Island.[16] Storm surge values reached 11 ft (3.4 m) in New York Harbor, which wrecked area piers.[17] The winds of Donna can be seen in the feature film Blast of Silence (1961); a fist fight scene on Long Island had been previously scheduled, and the filmmakers decided to go ahead and shoot the exterior scene despite the hurricane.[18]Blue Hill Observatory in Massachusetts reported gusts to over 145 mph (233 km/h).[1] The strong southwest winds associated with Donna at Chatham, in combination with very little rainfall, led to a significant deposit of salt spray which whitewashed southwest-facing windows. Many trees and shrubs saw their leaves brown due to the salt

I was just talking about '38, Donna, Carol, and Edna this morning. Look at that track of Donna...it really didn't weaken much over FL and may have gained a little steam over the waters east of FL. To have those winds with that track is impressive.

But it also shows you how the winds, especially aloft, retain their strength with these acclerating storms. Just think how your hill in Tolland would blow like a mofo, if you had a '38..or even Gloria.

All of the mongering over sne can potential is so futile lol......it's even worse than the windex and severe fetishes.

I want it as much as all of you, but won't waste energy and bandwidth until I deem it feasible.

I don't think anyone is even entertaining that idea....we're just stuck in remember when land...with discussing 1954 and 1960..lol.

I don't think anyone is even entertaining that idea....we're just stuck in remember when land...with discussing 1954 and 1960..lol.

I know....just venting because as usual, there hasn't been an ounce of interesting weather for me since the final flakes fell.

The tornadoes out west don't really do it for me.

I was just talking about '38, Donna, Carol, and Edna this morning. Look at that track of Donna...it really didn't weaken much over FL and may have gained a little steam over the waters east of FL. To have those winds with that track is impressive.

But it also shows you how the winds, especially aloft, retain their strength with these acclerating storms. Just think how your hill in Tolland would blow like a mofo, if you had a '38..or even Gloria.

Yeah my hill would get blasted...I wonder how strong the winds were there in Donna? I think 38 it easily probably gusted over 110mph..Maybe even 120

I wonder if Donna was that high..Maybe more like 90-100 since the track was very close to or even east of me

I know....just venting because as usual, there hasn't been an ounce of interesting weather for me since the final flakes fell.

The tornadoes out west don't really do it for me.

No it hasn't been that interesting here, but I took a lot of interest in the severe wx this year. I know you care more about winter wx and tropical....but there is something about severe wx that is interesting despite us not seeing much of it imby. It's probably the most unpredictable meteorological phenomenon that we have right now.

Yeah my hill would get blasted...I wonder how strong the winds were there in Donna? I think 38 it easily probably gusted over 110mph..Maybe even 120

I wonder if Donna was that high..Maybe more like 90-100 since the track was very close to or even east of me

Yeah I wish we had more readings. I think one of the prelimary analysis had the '38 special at 85kts, but I know for a fact that it's going up. It's pretty much agreed that it was stronger than that. 941mb too.

In order for me to find a weather event interesting, it needs to meet one or both of these two criteria:

1) It needs to take to be it's own, discernible, trackable entity for a significant period of time (tropical system posing a significant threat to the US and winter events).

2) It needs to directly impact mby (Winter events and perheps a tropical system once in a blue moon)

Winter storms are my favorite because they quite often meet both of the criteria, tropical systems are ok because many of them meet the former.....severe wx blows for me because it hardly meets either......severe storms pop, you track them for 15 minutes and they hit a van in N ORH co.

No it hasn't been that interesting here, but I took a lot of interest in the severe wx this year. I know you care more about winter wx and tropical....but there is something about severe wx that is interesting despite us not seeing much of it imby. It's probably the most unpredictable meteorological phenomenon that we have right now.

9\10 episodes in this region are pretty predictable.

In order for me to find a weather event interesting, it needs to meet one or both of these two criteria:

1) It needs to take to be it's own, descernible, trackable entity for a significant period of time (tropical system posing a significant threat to the US and winter events).

2) It needs to directly impact mby (Winter events and perheps a tropical system once in a blue moon)

Winter storms are my favorite because they meet both of the criteria, tropical systems are ok because many of them meet the former.....severe wx blows for me because it hardly meets either......severe storms pop, you track them for 15 minutes and they hit a van in N ORH co.

At least you have the Sox to help you thru your weenie doldrums

Yeah I wish we had more readings. I think one of the prelimary analysis had the '38 special at 85kts, but I know for a fact that it's going up. It's pretty much agreed that it was stronger than that. 941mb too.

The amazing thing to me is Carol and Edna in 54. I mean 2 major canes making landfall in SNE within 12 days of each other? LOL..We haven't been able to get one in almost 2 decades now

Archived