e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
SC/NC/TN/VA Clipper Storm Obs

phil882

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit concerned about the radar situation. It looks like a lot of the upstream bands are going to pass by to the north and east. There's not much upstream from the Triangle, so this may only last another two or three hours before quitting.

You guys havent hit the maximum lift yet so dont write this off. There may be a regeneration in a more widespread area of snow around sunset.

You guys havent hit the maximum lift yet so dont write this off. There may be a regeneration in a more widespread area of snow around sunset.

Is that in the realm of possibilities or actually likely? The bands upstream do seem to want to expand somewhat, but it's hardly a blossoming.

Had light snow/flurries for the last hour or so. Still about an inch on the ground, but the road has melted off.

Same stuff going on here James. I just checked my board and 1.3". Seems a little bit more in grassy areas, but the roads are fine. What a great day, The Tarheels beat Kentucky while I get to watch snow all afternoon....feels a lot like what I imagine heaven would Snowman.gif.

What do some of our mets think of the situation? It seems that I'm going to be out of the fun for another hour at least (barring some light snow/flurries), but snow stretches all he way up and past the I-64 corridor in West Virginia.

See my post above... In summary I do not think you have to wait that long.

Archived