12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SC/NC/TN/VA Clipper Storm Obs

phil882

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn warm nose got us now as the earlier snow turned to sleet then light rain. Measured an inch and a quarter before the change to rain.

Don't know how long before that warm nose gets squashed and the turnover back to snow. Hopefully soon as the lawn looks like all slush now :thumbsdown:

Just to the south of the first batch coming thru. However heavy DBZ coming with second batch about to invade Hickory area. Must be sleet causing those echoes. That batch will get me, sitting at 39 thanks to milky sun about an hour ago. We'll see if the precip rate can be heavy enough to send down some flakes. Anxiously awaiting. Skies are rather dark.

You're not alone. All rain here in Aville. It's early. We'll get our chance. The WWA's have definitely blossomed to the east.

I'm not complaining, we were never forecast to get any frozen precip here.

Looks like there really is a hell of a warm nose up high. The Brasstown obs station went from 38/9 at 5AM to 34/30 now, and it's all rain at the top.

Looks like there really is a hell of a warm nose up high. The Brasstown obs station went from 38/9 at 5AM to 34/30 now, and it's all rain at the top.

I knew you weren't complaining.:)

I had so much snow last year that I don't have my usual tension in winter.

Light rain continues here. That radar means business toward Boone.

Cold 39 and light rain in Dahlonega. Brrr....

Congrats to those getting snow.

Just got back from doing a little Christmas shopping, 39/19 at the airport as of 12:40pm, 38.4 IMBY. Forecasted high is 45 today, but we will not see that. Doubt we crack 40 as the cloud deck is lowering and thickening. Blue skies to the east, gray skies to the west. Watching some football, and enjoying one of the better Saturdays in recent memory. Amazing how when SN is in the short term forecast, everything just seems a little better...

We don't always get snow here, but when we do, I prefer :drunk:

full-moon-logo-bottle.jpg

picked up a 12-pack at the store, so smooth sailing tonight no matter what happens :snowman:

Checking out the GSP radar, is this IP in the foothills?

RAH site shows some 30dbz returns which should be in the triangle within the hour...

thGeorgeJefferson.gif

Archived