wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep this heat coming! :thumbsup: Nothing better than hot/humid with temps AOA 90 and dews in the 70s. What a blessing after a craptastic spring. CPCs fall ASO outlook is more torch for us. Keep it coming! :sun:

The fall could be unseasonably warm and very dry...

Keep this heat coming! :thumbsup: Nothing better than hot/humid with temps AOA 90 and dews in the 70s. What a blessing after a craptastic spring. CPCs fall ASO outlook is more torch for us. Keep it coming! :sun:

As long as we have the rain to avoid having the ground become bone dry, I'm all for more heat (for a month or two, anyway).

Agree. Central MI sucks for Winter Storms. Especially around the Bay Region.

They're in a better position than us. It's jsut the past few years that have been anamolous for them.

You can thank the uber-intense -NAO of late for the lackluster winter up that way back into parts of Ontario. That may begin to change soon though, in other words we could be looking at more rain storms and dry slotting while the rest of the state is getting a blizzatd.

But yeah, lets stop it with the winter talk. If you eskimos want to discuss winter then please create another thread for it and keep it out of the July thread.

Really, you guys want us summer folks to not discuss summer weather in winter threads. The least you can do is return the favor. We want to enjoy the rest of the summer while we can.

But yeah, lets stop it with the winter talk. If you eskimos want to discuss winter then please create another thread for it and keep it out of the July thread.

Really, you guys want us summer folks to not discuss summer weather in winter threads. The least you can do is return the favor. We want to enjoy the rest of the summer while we can.

Say what? The only favor that should be returned to you is a solid 5 post for being a horrible poster. Don't tell others what they should "do in return". The obs thread is open to all, even you and Tropical.

I'm in Estes Park, CO right now and have a ridiculously nice view of the severe warned storm in Fort Collins. Incredible structure. Wonder if Chinook is in Ft. Collins watching this storm.

Estes Park is beautiful. I am assuming you are heading to RMNP? Front Range weather is probably one of my top 3 locations in the US.

11 records highs in Ft. Smith this month. Broke the record for consecutive 100 degree days, and looking good to tack on another 5-7 days at least. What's not to like about that? :ee:

I agree, if we started summer talk in the January thread we would be accused of trolling, etc. Can't even mention warm weather in the February or March thread!!

But it's ok to talk about winter in the July thread... Hmmmm....???? Make a 2011-2012 winter thread and hash to death in there, but please keep it out of summer threads.

I agree, if we started summer talk in the January thread we would be accused of trolling, etc. Can't even mention warm weather in the February or March thread!!

But it's ok to talk about winter in the July thread... Hmmmm....???? Make a 2011-2012 winter thread and hash to death in there, but please keep it out of summer threads.

Believe it or not i actually agree with you guys. There is a winter thread btw. Thing is will you and the others do the same this winter ESPECIALLY when Feb/March rolls around?

Always amazing as well how most just skip right on over fall which can be a fun time of year. Ofcourse some are assuming already that because we have a nina that it will be warm and dry. NEVER good to assume.

Anyways back to July talk.

Something to keep a eye on for a possible pattern change. This puppy has avoided 6-7 for a long time now and has been mostly hanging in the circle of death and or phase 8-1 and 2.

bmo.mjo.latest.png

obs_phase40_full.gif

The models btw blew it big time with this ( They kept it in circle of death and coming out again in phase 8-1 ) and thus why i say to keep a eye. Still a low amplitude so it may not be enough. We'll see.

Do we need to bump winter months to show how many times you talked heat/summer then... Do us a favor and dont post stupid things like this...

As for the rest of the Month I see things staying above normal especially after Wednesday, the only wild card being if the the ridge sets up further west this time, then this area could get into some of the MCS action that has been missing us to the north.

Honestly people can discuss whatever weather they want in an obs/discussion thread, I have no idea where the idea came that a July obs thread is only for summer wx or December threads are only for winter. I read the last 40 posts and I see certain folks who are sick of summer weather and are discussing things winter. I see the same thing happen at the end of winter season and I don't care. People can discuss whatever it is they wish without getting trolled by others who believe this is their seasonal domain.

I don't know how many times I have seen severe wx enthusiasts clamoring for severe weather in March when it is still fully winter weather season. People can discuss whatever they want as long as it isn't in a trolling manner.

From IND's web site:

NWS Indianapolis to Test New Climate Normals

The NWS Indianapolis Forecast Office will be the national test site for the implementation of the new 30-year climate normals (1981-2010). The test period will occur from Monday, July 25th through Sunday, July 31st. During this time, the new normals will appear on daily climate products issued by the office. The monthly climate products at the end of this period, however, will still be based on the old 1971-2000 climate normals. Full implementation of the new climate normals will begin throughout the entire NWS on August 1st.

A FB friend and met from STL gave a first clue to the upcoming winter, just a thought, but says this might be the winter that "relaxes' a bit, but don't be fooled, the stormier and colder winter trend resumes after this year. Again just a copy and post excerb, but something to discuss.

Dave Murray on FOX 2 wrote: "thinking we get an early cold snap leading into winter...then not too rough...for winter anyway across the midwest and western great lakes. Areas that got whacked last year will get a big respite this year. Look for winter to be roughest in interior New England. Winter will have it's share of cold snaps, but most notable will be well defined and extended periods of torches, especially Jan/Feb." Not set in stone yet! just first thoughts.

All-time record high Lake Erie water temperature off Buffalo tied. The water temperature reached 80 this morning, tying the record set August 14-16, 1988. Records began in 1927. This temperature is measured at a depth of about 30 feet.

Honestly people can discuss whatever weather they want in an obs/discussion thread, I have no idea where the idea came that a July obs thread is only for summer wx or December threads are only for winter. I read the last 40 posts and I see certain folks who are sick of summer weather and are discussing things winter. I see the same thing happen at the end of winter season and I don't care. People can discuss whatever it is they wish without getting trolled by others who believe this is their seasonal domain.

I don't know how many times I have seen severe wx enthusiasts clamoring for severe weather in March when it is still fully winter weather season. People can discuss whatever they want as long as it isn't in a trolling manner.

Eh, a few posts here and there is one thing, but do we really want a page or two of winter talk in a summer thread or summer talk in a winter thread?

Eh, a few posts here and there is one thing, but do we really want a page or two of winter talk in a summer thread or summer talk in a winter thread?

What's the big deal? I was talking about moving and a snowier climate became the focus...just general chit chat. It's not like it was in the "heat", pun intended, of something big happening. Plus it hasn't carried over since. Whatever, I'm done with it.

What's the big deal? I was talking about moving and a snowier climate became the focus...just general chit chat. It's not like it was in the "heat", pun intended, of something big happening. Plus it hasn't carried over since. Whatever, I'm done with it.

Yeah, it shouldn't matter what we talk about in these general discussion threads (as long as it's related to weather, of course). There's no other thread for off-season weather subjects, so these general threads should be used in part for that. I don't think Hoosier was referring to your discussion, anyway.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess the thing I am getting at is people telling others what they can and can not talk about. That needs to stop. It is natural human behaviour to get sick of weather after a certain period of time. Heck, I remember SSC even saying he was getting sick of winter end of this last winter season. People get sick of winter and they start talking summer/severe. Not a problem. I guess I don't see a problem here either as long as folks don't do it to "troll" or purposely annoy other people. That is when it becomes a problem, of course, and I do know of times that has been done.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess the thing I am getting at is people telling others what they can and can not talk about. That needs to stop. It is natural human behaviour to get sick of weather after a certain period of time. Heck, I remember SSC even saying he was getting sick of winter end of this last winter season. People get sick of winter and they start talking summer/severe. Not a problem. I guess I don't see a problem here either as long as folks don't do it to "troll" or purposely annoy other people. That is when it becomes a problem, of course, and I do know of times that has been done.

This! How hard is it to ignore a post if you don't agree with it or think it doesn't belong in that particular thread. If the mods think it's derailing the thread or the real action they will take care of it. There are a lot more important things people should be worrying about than where posts should go.

Annoyance thresholds are lower when it comes to talking about a particular kind of weather that someone doesn't like. Personally it's not a huge deal but the same people can't be complaining in winter if a January thread goes off on a warm wx/summer tangent.

Annoyance thresholds are lower when it comes to talking about a particular kind of weather that someone doesn't like. Personally it's not a huge deal but the same people can't be complaining in winter if a January thread goes off on a warm wx/summer tangent.

I know you don't want to hear it, but there are quite a few people who don't like high heat and humidity. Shocker, I know. Same goes for extreme cold in the winter. Complaining about both (or wishing for the opposite wx at the time) is going to happen...we deal with it. The big events have their own threads, in season, when things warrant, right? Or we could cater less to the terrible posters...

Archived