• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June In Southern New England...............

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be happy to see this weather continue throughout the Summer for you only to give way to an endless series of N'oreasters that bring epic snows to those of us in the distant interior while the coastal plain gets temps in the 40's and wind driven rain..... and I hope the Pats have a 2-14 season.

Now that's uncalled for.

How can you actually remember that? I had to look up the data... 60F for a high in Boston...Portland, ME had their lowest high for that date on record

I was 13 at the time. As a kid, 4th of July was a gathering at my friend's pool and fireworks at the Brockton fair. I would be pumped for this day. I remember thinking how awfully cold it was and the one number that sticks out at me was 58F. 58F in the middle of the day. For some sick reason...I remember this day so vividly.

I was 13 at the time. As a kid, 4th of July was a gathering at my friend's pool and fireworks at the Brockton fair. I would be pumped for this day. I remember thinking how awfully cold it was and the one number that sticks out at me was 58F. 58F in the middle of the day. For some sick reason...I remember this day so vividly.

I remember my neighbor's fireworks disappearing into the low overcast and having to wear pants and sweatshirt. I was about your age...14. Worst July 4th pool party ever.

That's amazing that you can remember it. I know I was living in Lowell, but it does not register.

I used to go to the Brockton Fair back in the day.

I do remember Hot Tuesday back in 1975 a bit. My earliest wx memory (I was 7)

Looks like we're getting some heavier showers forming with the upglide over the really cold low-level air over N MA/NH. That's in addition to the convection surviving its way from S NY.

52.0F...sultry evening.

I had a high of 55F today with about 3/4" rain. It's been 52F since at least late afternoon. Lovely.

I had a high of 55F today with about 3/4" rain. It's been 52F since at least late afternoon. Lovely.

Pretty much the same exact deal here. My max of 56F was at midnight last night...afternoon high was 55F. I've had less rain than you though....about 1/4" so far today.

And as I'm about to send this I hear more rumbles of thunder. Looks like another cell is moving in from the SSW.

Pretty much the same exact deal here. My max of 56F was at midnight last night...afternoon high was 55F. I've had less rain than you though....about 1/4" so far today.

And as I'm about to send this I hear more rumbles of thunder. Looks like another cell is moving in from the SSW.

Yeah, lightning data showing a respectable swath of CG's in the last hour from near PYM to around North Conway.

Lifting a parcel from around 825mb on the 00z GYX sounding yields about 400 j/kg CAPE and around a -3c LI.

post-13-0-55974400-1308971533.png

Archived