• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June In Southern New England...............

Mr Torchey

This weather is completely fine by me

I'm with you on that, Jay. I'd like it to dry a day so I can mow the lawn. But outside of the heavier showers, I can still cut/split for next winter.

I think you'll be praying for weather like this come practice time in MD!! When do you check in for that?

Nice light show/thunder last night around 10:00 or so

51.2/50

3.10" so far from this round of summer. I wonder what the temp departure has been so far for these first 5 days of solar summer......

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a pesonal note after the fun I had doing the half marathon I've decided to run the full Hartford ING Marathon (26,2)in October. I'm on an 18 week training program which gradulally ramps up the weekly mileage to between 40-50 miles. This week I've done 23 miles. I've been running about a year and a half now and am in th best shape of my life by far,. Gon from 180 to about 165 lbs.

Is there anyone that wants to train and run it with me in October? It's not too late to start now. It's not until Oct 15th.

On a pesonal note after the fun I had doing the half marathon I've decided to run the full Hartford ING Marathon (26,2)in October. I'm on an 18 week training program which gradulally ramps up the weekly mileage to between 40-50 miles. This week I've done 23 miles. I've been running about a year and a half now and am in th best shape of my life by far,. Gon from 180 to about 165 lbs.

Is there anyone that wants to train and run it with me in October? It's not too late to start now. It's not until Oct 15th.

Good for you Kevin. I train all off season for skiing but I quit using running as a tool because of the wear and tear on the knees and ankles. Bump skiing is enough abuse for those joints. I prefer mountain biking now as it offers a bit of an adrenaline kick as well as maintaining leg strength/cardio. Have fun. Wiz will run with you but he'll want to hold hands.

Back in the day, I'd be all over that. These days I'll be happy to do a 10k. By family tradition, I will likely have to run the Kelly Race in New London in August. It's the worst race. It's a non-standard distance (11.6), course, nothing appealing about the course, small crowd, few water stops. Why am I running that again? Oh, yeah, family tradition.

It would be great if you'd get up for the Bridge of Flowers 10k on Aug 13. It's been part of the USATF Grand prix series in two of the last three years.

Looks like more showers incoming. While this weather is fine by me I do feel bad for my wife. She waits patiently all year for summer, her favorite season. So far it has been a bitter disappointment. On the plus side I showed her that tghe forecast for Willow,Ak was better this week than the weather here has been. I'm trying to trick her into moving there

Back in the day, I'd be all over that. These days I'll be happy to do a 10k. By family tradition, I will likely have to run the Kelly Race in New London in August. It's the worst race. It's a non-standard distance (11.6), course, nothing appealing about the course, small crowd, few water stops. Why am I running that again? Oh, yeah, family tradition.

It would be great if you'd get up for the Bridge of Flowers 10k on Aug 13. It's been part of the USATF Grand prix series in two of the last three years.

You're not old enough to start pulling that card.lol Man up and run with poor Blizz.

I can barely jog 1/4 of a mile probably...definitely no more than a 1/2 mile.

You're not old enough to start pulling that card.lol Man up and run with poor Blizz.

When you consider "back in the day" refers to 27 years ago, I think I am qualified to use it. Those were my peak running days. Best race was the New Haven 20k when I finished in 64 minutes. I was running about 10-17 miles a day back then. Have never even seen a glimpse of that type of time in the past 20 years. Instead, I now enjoy Entenman's crumb donuts. Chewing is great exercise.

Nothing from Scooter on the wx today with sun south of pike. MAn is he depressed

LOL, I'm fine..just busy at work. Hopefully we can see a few breaks today.

Congrats on the running. I personally hate running, but I have to incorporate more of it in my routine.

LOL, I'm fine..just busy at work. Hopefully we can see a few breaks today.

Congrats on the running. I personally hate running, but I have to incorporate more of it in my routine.

Thanks I was hoping to recruit a few weenies to run it with me..and train on their own.

Thankfully this siege part 2 is over. Hopefully this is it until fall

Thanks I was hoping to recruit a few weenies to run it with me..and train on their own.

Thankfully this siege part 2 is over. Hopefully this is it until fall

I would.... just to say I did it, but I need heavy heavy training. Maybe next year..lol. I've hit the weights pretty hard over the last few months, but have to do more cardio. I do run and bike a little...but I need to do more.

Just finish 4 miles of hills, first time since December because of knee problems. I think anything more than 6 miles you're causing slow but perm damage to your knees, joints, back etc. Unless your technique is perfect and you're in peak phys condition. Good luck with marathoning, that is brutal.

Very thin marine layer right now, should be a fantastic day, okx going partly sunny 78, half day of work then its beach time, hope you guys up north clear out too!:sun: That was a brutal 3 day stretch, but now we are heading for a wonderful 7 day stretch, the great outways the bad, the land is satiated with liquid gold, now its time for bikinis, brauts and beers, the way summer should be.

Heat wave on the way?

I'm with you on that, Jay. I'd like it to dry a day so I can mow the lawn. But outside of the heavier showers, I can still cut/split for next winter.

I think you'll be praying for weather like this come practice time in MD!! When do you check in for that?

Nice light show/thunder last night around 10:00 or so

51.2/50

3.10" so far from this round of summer. I wonder what the temp departure has been so far for these first 5 days of solar summer......

July 4.. day after I am back

Very thin marine layer right now, should be a fantastic day, okx going partly sunny 78, half day of work then its beach time, hope you guys up north clear out too!:sun: That was a brutal 3 day stretch, but now we are heading for a wonderful 7 day stretch, the great outways the bad, the land is satiated with liquid gold, now its time for bikinis, brauts and beers, the way summer should be.

Heat wave on the way?

No mention of sun here until tomorrow (call is for mostly cloudy). But, the forecasted low 70's for today will be the first time above 60 since 8:00 on Wednesday. First week of summer, fail. Meanwhile, we've lost 28 seconds of solar energy and a corresponding lowering sun angle. Fall's on the way. :arrowhead:

51.2/50. Been stuck here since 5:00 at least.

Heat wave on the way?

Dream on.lol

No mention of sun here until tomorrow (call is for mostly cloudy). But, the forecasted low 70's for today will be the first time above 60 since 8:00 on Wednesday. First week of summer, fail. Meanwhile, we've lost 28 seconds of solar energy and a corresponding lowering sun angle. Fall's on the way. :arrowhead:

That is a very depressing post.:(

Dream on.lol

Not for you Pete, you live in the arctic circle, hell, your even colder than the northern kingdom, but for the rest of us, its a distinct possibility, besides even the 80s next week are going to feel warm after the 3 day death march we just went through.

There is no mention of sun for tomorrow, although I guess the 'mostly cloudy' could be viewed, by the most optimistic, as allowing for the possibility of a peek of sun. I wouldn't hold my breath. Cool and drizzly out there today.

Not for you Pete, you live in the arctic circle, hell, your even colder than the northern kingdom, but for the rest of us, its a distinct possibility, besides even the 80s next week are going to feel warm after the 3 day death march we just went through.

80's, if they ever happen, will be downright hot. I've only seen 80 or better 5-6 times this warm season. Hope to keep it that way.

Archived