• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June In Southern New England...............

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOoks like the worst June ever..TORCH!!:sun: :sun: :sun:

Your forecasts have been so god awful, so bad, its sad to see you resort to 100% trolling. I wish there was heat in the extended, however there was not, your display last summer was Oscar worthy, this summer its just sunshine and perfection :(

We'll be on the NE Periphery of the potential ring of fire so MCC's heading SE may well be plentiful for the initial 7-10 days of June. Logic has the central US ridge heading east around mid month so it could be torrid 6/12-25.

Recurving typhoon says trough for first week then ridging but Canadian origin ,dry warm should be sweet.

I'm heading to MD tomorrow for my daughter's HS graduation. I heard that it was 97 there yesterday. It will be tough training for Jay down there!!!

Hopefully they'll be cooler while I'm there, though I'm bummed to be missing the 60* high in GC. Not bad for early June.

low-mid 80s next few days. Perfect. Much better then the windy 60s were going to have tomorrow.

This June looks amazing, here is what the fine folks at NWS upton have forecasted for my location over the next 6 days............

72 :sun:

76 :sun:

74 :sun:

Thats as good as it gets, might be like 09' down this way, no AC required!

This June looks amazing, here is what the fine folks at NWS upton have forecasted for my location over the next 6 days............

72 :sun:

Thats as good as it gets, might be like 09' down this way, no AC required!

Yeah this really is about as perfect as it gets for June....it looks like our wet pattern is tapering off for the time being after back-to-back record wet April and then May. Not heat and humidity on the table in the 7-day outlook...not even close. You know it'll be cool when Joe's forecast never gets above the mid 70s down there in South Beach, CT.

Next six days look like this... 49, 61, 68, 68, 67, 67

Lows in the 30s and 40s. Maybe frost tomorrow night? Lows in the mid 30s are forecast.

Yeah this really is about as perfect as it gets for June....it looks like our wet pattern is tapering off for the time being after back-to-back record wet April and then May. Not heat and humidity on the table in the 7-day outlook...not even close. You know it'll be cool when Joe's forecast never gets above the mid 70s down there in South Beach, CT.

Next six days look like this... 49, 61, 68, 68, 67, 67

Lows in the 30s and 40s. Maybe frost tomorrow night? Lows in the mid 30s are forecast.

LOL..that forecast sounds awful. Not what you want in June for summer activities

LOL..that forecast sounds awful. Not what you want in June for summer activities

We don't have beaches here... no one likes to hike, mountain bike, road bike, etc in 90/68F regime. Much better to do that stuff in the 60s when the June sun feels very warm. Even Golf... walking 18 holes with temps in the upper 60s and a nice breeze feels amazing. Then at night, when the mosquitoes come out, you don't have to sit at the campfire sweating in a hoodie to protect your arms from bites when its still 80F out... hoodies feel nice at 50F.

But anyway... this is no Torch for June 2nd. NAM brings H85 0C line to Boston tomorrow afternoon. Mount Washington is going to be like 25F with a wind chill of 10F in snow showers and squalls tomorrow evening, lol.

We don't have beaches here... no one likes to hike, mountain bike, road bike, etc in 90/68F regime. Much better to do that stuff in the 60s when the June sun feels very warm. Even Golf... walking 18 holes with temps in the upper 60s and a nice breeze feels amazing. Then at night, when the mosquitoes come out, you don't have to sit at the campfire sweating in a hoodie to protect your arms from bites when its still 80F out... hoodies feel nice at 50F.

But anyway... this is no Torch for June 2nd. NAM brings H85 0C line to Boston tomorrow afternoon. Mount Washington is going to be like 25F with a wind chill of 10F in snow showers and squalls tomorrow evening, lol.

In the summer most normal folks like to wear shorts and t-shirts morning afternoon and night. Who wants to bundle up in a sweatshirt in summer? Thankfully it's a brief 2 day cooldown..then temps moderate to near to slightly above normal

Sunday and into next week will have temps near or over 80 in interior areas..like BDL. Normals are mid-upper 70's

You are consistent, I will give you that...

Thursday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a west wind between 20 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind between 8 and 14 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 69. North wind between 13 and 16 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 69.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

You are consistent, I will give you that...

Thursday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a west wind between 20 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind between 8 and 14 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 69. North wind between 13 and 16 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 69.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Your area won't hit 80 at 1500 feet...but many of the warm spots will..And those high temps there are too cool

There are certain places such as BDL, POU, CEF that just torch on almost any type of west wind component with the downsloping and therefore even in a low humidity airmass they are often gonna be 80+ in met. summer. It's really not remarkable.

Sunday and into next week will have temps near or over 80 in interior areas..like BDL. Normals are mid-upper 70's

In the summer most normal folks like to wear shorts and t-shirts morning afternoon and night. Who wants to bundle up in a sweatshirt in summer? Thankfully it's a brief 2 day cooldown..then temps moderate to near to slightly above normal

Anything over 55° with sun and light wind does the trick for this.

Anything over 55° with sun and light wind does the trick for this.

I agree in the sun..but if you're sitting out on your deck eating dinner with a breeze in the shade and it's 60..it's not conducive to not having on something on the arms.

I've had shorts on since early April..but I like the night's warm this time of year

Archived