• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
June In Southern New England...............

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no mention of sun for tomorrow, although I guess the 'mostly cloudy' could be viewed, by the most optimistic, as allowing for the possibility of a peek of sun. I wouldn't hold my breath. Cool and drizzly out there today.

I equate "mostly cloudy" wiht "partly not-cloudy" and vice versa. Not sure if I should, but that's why I think we might see some tomorrow.

On a pesonal note after the fun I had doing the half marathon I've decided to run the full Hartford ING Marathon (26,2)in October. I'm on an 18 week training program which gradulally ramps up the weekly mileage to between 40-50 miles. This week I've done 23 miles. I've been running about a year and a half now and am in th best shape of my life by far,. Gon from 180 to about 165 lbs.

Is there anyone that wants to train and run it with me in October? It's not too late to start now. It's not until Oct 15th.

nice. good luck dude. if i had an minute of free time i'd actually consider it - have thought about it a lot but not happening until the kids are a bit older. would cut into my weenie time too much.

roughly the same here. respectable for late june though without getting a renegade t-storm to dump on your neighborhood.

Yeah it is very respectable. I think areas up near Ray have well over 3", thanks to this latest batch.

Very cool 12 hr loop on the water vapor imagery. You can see the tstms that were caused by each individual vortlobe. Another unusual thing to see in June....suck well defined vortmaxes.

I equate "mostly cloudy" wiht "partly not-cloudy" and vice versa. Not sure if I should, but that's why I think we might see some tomorrow.

To me, mostly cloudy means little or no sun, partly cloudy means more clouds than sun, partly sunny means more sun than clouds. Unless it comes to Winter QPF you seem to be a glass half full kinda guy.lol

You're up in kevin's neck of the woods. Be careful passing the runners on the road. :)

Lol. Yeah my hotel is right off tolland highway, so I figured im close to his area. Its very nice up here, the bartender last night was talking about how snowy the winter was here lol.

This breaks early tomorrow early AM then it gets spectacular.

Meh. Maybe by Monday here. Hope you're right though. My wife is quite unhappy. She wants Sunny weather warm weather.lol

Today: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. North wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then a slight chance of showers between midnight and 3am. Patchy fog before 11pm, then Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. South wind at 5 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

At least my lawn isn't growing at an incredible pace like if it was sunny and 85 after all this moisture.

That will be next week

At least we will not have to put up with drought threads. Gut feeling is after the 5th that recurving typhoon fooks up some 4 th of July vacation week off folks.

Meh. Maybe by Monday here. Hope you're right though. My wife is quite unhappy. She wants Sunny weather warm weather.lol

Today: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. North wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then a slight chance of showers between midnight and 3am. Patchy fog before 11pm, then Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. South wind at 5 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Yep you will suffer while down sloping makes your dreaded CP perfect, take her to the beach in RI, she will love it.

Sunday: Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Light northwest wind.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. North wind at 6 mph becoming south.

Monday Night: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Tuesday: Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 82.

Yep you will suffer while down sloping makes your dreaded CP perfect, take her to the beach in RI, she will love it.

Sunday: Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Light northwest wind.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. North wind at 6 mph becoming south.

Monday Night: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Tuesday: Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 82.

We' re actually venturing out of GC in a week or two. We're going to take our daughter to Mystic Aquarium. My wife is now 7 months pregnant and we are having to curtail our normal hiking/camping/outdoor fun a bit. Thank god for women. The human race would have perished long ago if gestation were left to males.lol No way,just no way.

We' re actually venturing out of GC in a week or two. We're going to take our daughter to Mystic Aquarium. My wife is now 7 months pregnant and we are having to curtail our normal hiking/camping/outdoor fun a bit. Thank god for women. The human race would have perished long ago if gestation were left to males.lol No way,just no way.

Nice enjoy, if you want you can come here on a Sat, I will hook you up, she will like it.

CAD FTL.

Our best hope for today salvage-wise is that the triple point low that finally got by our longitude (currently can be seen as a weak gyre entering the coastal waters of the GOM) helps to induce an off-shore component. There is a weak trough axis subtended from it to a filling parent low over western Ontario. That may or may not show up in a streamline product that have higher resolution. Anyway, west of that winds should be variable between NW to SW, in front of it will have CAD plague at an anomalous time of year.

That high up over Greenland that has been nosing half way across the galaxy to ruin specifically our weather ... is still there and just using HPC's sfc analysis it is still actually trying to control our weather in the form of an inverted ridge now pointing at us more from the E then previously from the NE. That means more of a SE on-shore flow as opposed to a Maine drain. That could also help.

It is brighter out there comparatively... Yesterday was an awe, really - I thought street lamps were going to come on. To do that near the solstice takes some kind of crazy anomaly - call it the schits index and give it a +10SD. The headlines would read, "Greatest schit weather day of all time strikes New England - many spirits lost. Casualties still being counted! Extra extra, read all about it!"

Btw, not that anyone asks, this is starting to come off as the year without a summer - modern style. Not so much in the sense that it will snow on every month like that of yore. Not even because the temperatures will verify all that negative - Will and I were just pointing out that most climo sites are surprisingly only modestly negative or positive throughout the area. But....just because sensibly the weather for some reason of chance just will not cooperate when it counts. Like the walk after work; the toil in the garden; the family picnic in the park; the planned beach day - these are all being systemically violated by the worst weather relative to as imaginatively possible. All those ridge signals that abounded 2 days ago? gone - right back to the same old -NAO buckle appearance seemingly without having any physical cause beyond permutation, and though there is attempts at heat, you almost just get the sense via these seasonal trends that something will find a way to intercede and mute. June 1 was a penalty for getting 90/72 up this way ... like it is a no-no for this year.

Commiseration aside ... I don't even think this is normal relative to a La Nina summer - I thought those were hot? Maybe I ought to take another look.

Archived