Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chasecation!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I thought you were stuck in Great Bend, I think you will wind up on the warm front as the low in Colorado translates Northeast, and you may be in the surprise happy spot for interesting weather. RUC helicity fields aren't too exciting, only drawback I see. But the front could be the magic ingredient. Winds have gone from E to ESE there.

How you guys doing? I still like the area I outlined in red last night (Western half of KS along/near I-70). Dewpoints are substandard, but the airmass out there is still recovering. Hopefully cells go out near the warm front in the area of easterly sfc flow. 1500 J/KG SBCAPE now along and just south of I-70 from the Colorado border eastward to Ellis. Boundary layer CU is beginning to build in this area. It's later than I thought, but the morning convection screwed up the timing. Now we hope for deep convection initiation in the next hour or two.

The area to the SE (near the KS/OK border) from like Bucklin KS to Fort Supply OK may be do-able too except that the thick cirrus from the convection in central/southern OK is starting to edge in.

How you guys doing? I still like the area I outlined in red last night (Western half of KS along/near I-70). Dewpoints are substandard, but the airmass out there is still recovering. Hopefully cells go out near the warm front in the area of easterly sfc flow. 1500 J/KG SBCAPE now along and just south of I-70 from the Colorado border eastward to Ellis. Boundary layer CU is beginning to build in this area. It's later than I thought, but the morning convection screwed up the timing. Now we hope for deep convection initiation in the next hour or two.

The area to the SE (near the KS/OK border) from like Bucklin KS to Fort Supply OK may be do-able too except that the thick cirrus from the convection in central/southern OK is starting to edge in.

Hitting Jetmore. I think we will head north toward that field developing. Line of cu north south right in front of to the west now too.

Archived