• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chasecation!

Hitting Jetmore. I think we will head north toward that field developing. Line of cu north south right in front of to the west now too.

Ok, good you're heading the right way. There should be at least isolated storms developing in an arc from around I-70 near the KS/CO border eastward to WaKeeney, then southward to your location down to Woodward. So far, the best instability and low level shear exists near the warm front in NW kansas in the vicinity of I-70. There's already a cell near I-70 in eastern CO that's trying to go tornadic as I speak.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's already a cell near I-70 in eastern CO that's trying to go tornadic as I speak.

Yep. Couplet starting to show up on that cell west of Burlington in the last frame or two on Goodland radar storm-relative product on my WeatherTap. Front seems to be draped east/west just about about over Sharon Springs, one county south of Goodland.

Ok, good you're heading the right way. There should be at least isolated storms developing in an arc from around I-70 near the KS/CO border eastward to WaKeeney, then southward to your location down to Woodward. So far, the best instability and low level shear exists near the warm front in NW kansas in the vicinity of I-70. There's already a cell near I-70 in eastern CO that's trying to go tornadic as I speak.

You sure? It seems the best downdraft CAPE and helicity is on the Kansas/CO border and slowing slipping east.

Wouldn't Garden CIty be favored?

Stuff going south now. Dillema.

So far, the environment is better for tornadoes along I-70.

Anyway, 1/4 +SN with thunder not too far south of Denver...I think you guys should go after that...

KMNH 112234Z AUTO 31009KT 1/4SM +SN OVC002 00/00 A2985 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT E AND S

based on GPS looks like they are trying to intercept the cell to their south

The stuff north is not doing much so far. Weve been watching and nothing really going up. We are trying to leave both options open. Based on this trip my expectations might be dropping.

We are going to head north but stuff is going up around that old cell. Looks nice in death at least http://moby.to/2u23ms

You hope is that something robust develops from just west of Ness City to Grinnell and taps whatever low level shear there is near the boundary. The stuff near the CO/KS border is looking nice and tornadic. I know you can't get there but perhaps something else will go to it's SE.

been gone for awhile...what a ripoff

total sh*t show.

Not sure if they're chasing tomorrow, but eastern OK looks like a good first guess for tomorrow...with initiation somewhere near or just east of I-35...perhaps in the Seminole to Ardmore corridor...then moving northeast of there.

Not your most ideal chasing setup, cold core setup possibly. It's a mess some of the chaser cams show this..Just nasty scud looking storms and I don't see any super cells popping up with this kind of setup today. If there are any tornado reports in that area they are going to be quick and very short lived in my opinion. Fascinating weather phenomenon though if your all the way from the east coast.

What a ****ing shame... I wouldn't blame y'all if you never step foot in the Plains again after this trip. I've chased over 100 days and have never seen a worse case of morning convection laying waste to a setup... this year has been so bad out here it boggles the mind... it is what '01-'02 was to DC weenies. Thank god you at least got to experience what it's like to be on a supercell the other night in SD... hopefully that gave you just enough of a taste to give it another shot someday.

Archived