Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chasecation!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a ****ing shame... I wouldn't blame y'all if you never step foot in the Plains again after this trip. I've chased over 100 days and have never seen a worse case of morning convection laying waste to a setup... this year has been so bad out here it boggles the mind... it is what '01-'02 was to DC weenies. Thank god you at least got to experience what it's like to be on a supercell the other night in SD... hopefully that gave you just enough of a taste to give it another shot someday.

At least we didn't waste the gas going to i70 especially after wasting the money on a rental.

What's your plan for the next couple days? Are you gonna follow this system east on the way back to DC?

I dunno. The car is still screwed up.. It's going to need to be looked at. I'm sorta done caring at this pt but it was still a worthwhile trip to see things.

At least we didn't waste the gas going to i70 especially after wasting the money on a rental.

Look on the plus side. You didn't need a farmer to pull you out of his field, and you haven't had to call your mom to pick you up because you ran out of chapstick, so you got that going for you , which is nice...

We bought some pet tornadoes in Wakita that were plainly visible today.

BTW, Kansas sucks.

yeah, it totally sucks when you spend all your time in south and west kansas...manhattan, lawrence, and johnson county are all pretty tight

is it too early to bump this post?

That's why I left the 2% in the mix :)

Massive fail for everyone. Car's seemingly effed as well. Might have to bring the rental back to MD. If we can get the car fixed tomorrow (small/easy part, but there may be other problems), there's still hope.

Looking forward to spring 2012!

yeah, it totally sucks when you spend all your time in south and west kansas...manhattan, lawrence, and johnson county are all pretty tight

It's actually rather pretty at times. I just wanted a toto moment.

If we can.. Why not. Gotta head east either wat. Gotta resolve car issues.

The front/dryline should ignite somewhere along or east of I-35 in OK tomorrow...and the environment looks like it will be cleaner than today's. Chasing in Eastern OK isn't all that great...but there's a chance that the front will be slower than progged since it's still back on the western OK/TX panhandle border at this hour for crying out loud. Should be a better chance to see big storms tomorrow than with today's sh*tshow.

Wow, you guys really got screwed by the cap all week long! Cap was either too strong, and nothing developed till after sunset, or the cap was too weak and convection fired way too early. Not to mention there were never any good shortwaves till today, and that initial lead shortwave screwed everything up. :lightning:

Wow, you guys really got screwed by the cap all week long! Cap was either too strong, and nothing developed till after sunset, or the cap was too weak and convection fired way too early. Not to mention there were never any good shortwaves till today, and that initial lead shortwave screwed everything up. :lightning:

The last two weeks was not a great pattern obviously. We did the best we could given what we were dealt. Weather is very humbling.

Ah. That's not good. Storms are already initiating on the front east of OKC.

I honestly don't know if they were even going to try to chase today - Ian's last tweet was they were heading eastbound (from 4hrs ago)

I honestly don't know if they were even going to try to chase today - Ian's last tweet was they were heading eastbound (from 4hrs ago)

He told me last night that they were...but maybe plans changed. They still have time to get into the warm sector I think. I don't think the environment in Eastern OK is all that bad today...certainly could be better...but it's better than y'day.

Archived