Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chasecation!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having had to abort two chases myself over the years due to tire problems, the number one rule before starting out on a an extended chase trip is to make sure the vehicle is in good running order. It sucks having to watch a wall cloud disappear into the distance while your vehicle is being worked on.

Steve

just issued...good luck

Tornado Warning

TORNADO WARNING MOC039-057-167-122315- /O.NEW.KSGF.TO.W.0025.110512T2221Z-110512T2315Z/ BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO 521 PM CDT THU MAY 12 2011 THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SPRINGFIELD HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... CEDAR COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI... NORTHERN DADE COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI... NORTHERN POLK COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI... * UNTIL 615 PM CDT. * AT 517 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A TORNADO NEAR NEOLA...OR 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF GREENFIELD...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH. * LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE ARCOLA...ARNICA...BEARCREEK...BONA... CANE HILL...DUNNEGAN...FAIR PLAY...FLEMINGTON...GOODSON... HUMANSVILLE...MASTERS...NEOLA...POLK...STOCKTON AND UMBER VIEW HEIGHTS. OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE POMME DE TERRE LAKE AND STOCKTON LAKE. IN ADDITION TO A TORNADO...THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LARGE DAMAGING HAIL UP TO BASEBALL SIZE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE DURING A TORNADO IS IN A BASEMENT. GET UNDER A WORKBENCH OR OTHER PIECE OF STURDY FURNITURE. IF NO BASEMENT IS AVAILABLE...SEEK SHELTER ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING IN AN INTERIOR HALLWAY OR ROOM SUCH AS A CLOSET. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR BODY AND ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS. IF IN MOBILE HOMES OR VEHICLES...EVACUATE THEM AND GET INSIDE A SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER. IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE...LIE FLAT IN THE NEAREST DITCH OR OTHER LOW SPOT AND COVER YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR HANDS.

That should be a nice spot to watch supercells pass 20-30 miles to their east

Those storms already in Missouri have too much of a head start. I'd be inclined to shoot down to 54 to get east fast to get in position for those Oklahoma storms, but I'm sure that's a lot easier said than done.

Those storms already in Missouri have too much of a head start. I'd be inclined to shoot down to 54 to get east fast to get in position for those Oklahoma storms, but I'm sure that's a lot easier said than done.

the cell NW of stockton is possibly doable depending on its trajectory and lifespan

problem is the western ones collapsed as the eastern ones went up.. id maybe be inclined to target the one moving up from the south but i dunno what im doing. ;)

Wow-- it sounds complicated. The nice thing about a 'cane is there's just one core to chase. It may wobble and it may fall apart-- but there's a single, consolidated, durable focal point to the energy. (And I'm not suggesting 'cane chasing is easier-- it's a total nightmare in its own way.)

Good luck, guys-- I hope you get some action today!

problem is the western ones collapsed as the eastern ones went up.. id maybe be inclined to target the one moving up from the south but i dunno what im doing. ;)

Storms coming into MO from OK, aren't collapsing, the one about to cross the border just went TW'd, and is strengthening by the minute. You guys really should have went south.

Storms coming into MO from OK, aren't collapsing, the one about to cross the border just went TW'd, and is strengthening by the minute. You guys really should have went south.

they still need longitude before they head south if that's what they choose....where they are now is useless

Archived