SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Weather Disco for April 9, 2011

Wow

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic S.Buke/N.Cleveland/W.Lincoln supercell.

That has been a hotspot for supercells for as long as I can remmember.

excatly. The cell is off the charts literally in DB's right now near Lawndale and Belwood, just north of Shelby. I think a twister is in that, or at the least some HUGE hail

excatly. The cell is off the charts literally in DB's right now near Lawndale and Belwood, just north of Shelby. I think a twister is in that, or at the least some HUGE hail

It looks insanely intense! Watching channel 9 and apparently there having a special Wednesday night on the severe storms that trek though N. Cleveland.

My wife has her middle school band at Carowinds. In fact they should be on stage right now. Looks like that big tornadic storm will move just barely north of them...I hope.

Uh-oh. Last frame or two shows some development more southeast. Nasty looking storm for sure.

I hope all are safe. I'm sitting at Mission waiting for word on my daughter's boyfriend. He flipped his car and is in the emergency room. I could do without any severe weather here tonight. I hope all you guys fare well.

I hope and pray he's going to be alright. The weather might get rough soon in AVL with those storms now dropping almost due south from Tenn.

I hope and pray he's going to be alright. The weather might get rough soon in AVL with those storms now dropping almost due south from Tenn.

Thanks Robert. I've been here 2 hours with no real information. Well, as I type that, looks he's just beat up pretty bad, but nothing life threatening. My son's former girlfriend was a driver in a wreck that killed one and injured 2 a couple months ago, so I'm paranoid at this point.

Okay, back to the weather, I can't control it so I might as well be fascinated by it like I always am. Maybe I can get home first, anyway.

The cell north of Forest City is trying to go tornadic.....

backbuilding blitzing going rampant just west of CLT right now. I'm just a smidge south of the line, but it keeps repeating. I think its going to sag this way soon, getting pushed by the TN convection. Exciting to watch all this action play out, pretty much as expected. So far, no surprises. I think its going to really get more folks involved soon.

Thunder and lightning in Rock Hill, SC just south of Charlotte

you are in a perfect position..the storm is turning right and the couplet will pass over or more likley just north of you...perfect postion for chasing/viewing any wallcloud/tornado

533 PM EDT SAT APR 9 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 545 PM EDT FOR GASTON

COUNTY...

AT 529 PM EDT...THE STRONGEST ROTATION WAS LOCATED NEAR THE TOWN OF

CLOVER IN YORK COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA. HOWEVER...THE THUNDERSTORM

OVER GASTON COUNTY WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE LARGE DAMAGING HAIL AND

STRONG WINDS THROUGH 545 PM. NUMEROUS SPOTTERS REPORT INDICATE A

WIDE SWATH OF QUARTER TO EGG SIZED HAIL ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN

GASTON COUNTY.

Archived