northernriwx
SNE April obs/disco Thread

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p/c has 57* for the high here. :(

40.9/39

Sounds similar... never got out of the upper 30s during the daylight hours today from 1,000ft and higher. Pretty raw for this time of year, but snow melt canceled for today.

.1-.2" of ice accumulation from freezing rain today above 2,800ft... with some icing noted down to 2,500ft. Temperatures never got above freezing in the 3,000-4,300ft elevation band... its a bummer that it was warm aloft somewhere because we could've enjoyed a couple inches of snow on the upper half of the ski resort.

The Ct. River at Northampton and also at Montague is very high at the moment with the recent snowmelt up north. Usual riverbank flood spots are inundated.

It will be interesting to see if it recedes or increases the next few days, because the euro looks like another big rain event this weekend.

I would be surprised if there is much left, other than former megapiles hiding in shaded spots...

I found 2 weenie patches of snow. They are in a depression very well sheltered. I was actually surprised to see them still there because even a lot of the piles have melted away

apr14snow1.jpg

apr14snow2.jpg

I found 2 weenie patches of snow. They are in a depression very well sheltered. I was actually surprised to see them still there because even a lot of the piles have melted away

There is still a tiny bit around town here, mostly piles...

I had a meeting tonight at a house here in town and on the ride home I saw my first townie moose!

I had seen one in Gardner and one in Rutland before. Never here, but we get moose tracks from time to time

Archived