Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE April obs/disco Thread

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said back in Mid-March when everyone was talking about the coldest April ever, April should turn out near average with a warmer middle to second half. It was really an easy call overall, not sure why people were banging the iceage drum. When Bastardi makes a long range call, you can reverse it and your forecast will be fairly close to the ground truth.

However, I do think June-Aug is going to be near to slightly below normal this summer. Mark my words, -2 to 0.

Pete and winter loving folks have got it right. This new study listing least violent states, CT did not make it in Top Ten, only NE state that did not, fookin Hartford and Bridgeport.

The group lists the ten most peaceful states in order as: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Minnesota, North Dakota, Utah, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Iowa, and Washington. And here are the least (also in order, with Louisiana leading the unrest): Louisiana, Tennessee, Nevada, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Maryland.

Pete and winter loving folks have got it right. This new study listing least violent states, CT did not make it in Top Ten, only NE state that did not, fookin Hartford and Bridgeport.

The group lists the ten most peaceful states in order as: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Minnesota, North Dakota, Utah, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Iowa, and Washington. And here are the least (also in order, with Louisiana leading the unrest): Louisiana, Tennessee, Nevada, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Maryland.

Every violent state is a conservative more class-divided hotbed aside Maryland, which goes either way. Poverty =crime

As I said back in Mid-March when everyone was talking about the coldest April ever, April should turn out near average with a warmer middle to second half. It was really an easy call overall, not sure why people were banging the iceage drum. When Bastardi makes a long range call, you can reverse it and your forecast will be fairly close to the ground truth.

However, I do think June-Aug is going to be near to slightly below normal this summer. Mark my words, -2 to 0.

Everyone?, another exaggeration, you should work for energy firms you are a rising star.

Every least-violent state is a conservative more class-divided hotbed aside Maryland, which goes either way. Poverty =crime

Really?

Everyone?, another exaggeration, you should work for energy firms you are a rising star.

Well, just saying, didn't hear any talk of April warmth.

check out latest SSTs. 80-90% of ATL basin is at or above normal...not a huge deal now but will have to be monitored for summer forecasts

fun times ahead (sarcasm) hopefully we'll get a few good hot days and cf passages later this month into May to provide a little excitement from the otherwise boredom.

atl_anom.gif

Thats how we like it, Quiet..

Pete and winter loving folks have got it right. This new study listing least violent states, CT did not make it in Top Ten, only NE state that did not, fookin Hartford, Bridgeport and Tolland.

Lot of anger in those cities.

??

Lol. I drove kinda close to your neck of the woods yesterday. Driving back from a meeting in ORH, the GPS had me take 122 up to Rt. 2. Don't you border Rutland?

28.1/26

Yeah, Hubbardston is bordered by Rutland, Barre, Templeton, Gardner, Westminster, and Princeton.

Rte 122 takes you along the Quabbin if I'm not mistaken...the old town of Dana...right before you get to Rte 2

A low of 22F here earlier ...now up to 38 under blue sunny skies.

For those looking for the last vestiges of winter wx, a few inches of snow fell yesterday from the clipper like system in the high terrain of southwest NY, but that dove ESE and missed here. An inch of so fell in the Dacks also...unrelated I guess. KSLK fell to 5 degrees ...where snow pack hangs on....

Yeah, Hubbardston is bordered by Rutland, Barre, Templeton, Gardner, Westminster, and Princeton.

Rte 122 takes you along the Quabbin if I'm not mistaken...the old town of Dana...right before you get to Rte 2

Not to turn this into a political thread...but what struck me there is that the states are the "most peaceful" are the ones that get accused of being easy on violent crime ..i.e. no death penalty (or it exists but is never imposed). Utah is the only one that doesn't fit that analogy, but that state would not have much crime ...given the demographic makeup.

Yeah--I love that drive. When I lived in Worcester we used to take it on our frequent xc skiing excursions to the Swift River reservation. Actually looked at homes in Petersham when we relocated out this way.

Not to turn this into a political thread...but what struck me there is that the states are the "most peaceful" are the ones that get accused of being easy on violent crime ..i.e. no death penalty (or it exists but is never imposed). Utah is the only one that doesn't fit that analogy, but that state would not have much crime ...given the demographic makeup.

Perhaps that's why they have the death penalty in those states.........

38.8/20

It must be glorious. :) ..ohh if only it were October now and not April, but I shouldn't wish six months of life away.

I'm soaking it up Rick. This low that crashed in here a few hours ago had a central pressure in the 930's last night. It's snowing unbelievably hard presently.Should be measuring in feet. Bummed out that it'll be warm when I return. Bleh.

I'm soaking it up Rick. This low that crashed in here a few hours ago had a central pressure in the 930's last night. It's snowing unbelievably hard presently.Should be measuring in feet. Bummed out that it'll be warm when I return. Bleh.

No kidding wow

NOAK48 PAFC 070624

PNSAFC

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ANCHORAGE AK

1025 PM AKDT WED APR 6 2011

...DAMAGING WINDS FROM THE BERING SEA REGION AND SOUTHWEST ALASKA...

A POWERFUL STORM IS CURRENTLY MOVING ACROSS THE BERING SEA. BELOW

ARE WIND AND DAMAGE REPORTS RECEIVED THIS AFTERNOON FROM THE REGION:

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0400 PM NON-TSTM WND GST FALSE PASS 54.84N 163.44W

04/06/2011 E100 MPH AK LAW ENFORCEMENT

VILLAGE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER IN FALSE PASS ESTIMATED

WIND GUSTS BETWEEN 100 AND 110 MPH AROUND 4 PM AKDT

WEDNESDAY. DAMAGE REPORTS INCLUDE...PUBLIC SAFETY

BUILDING ROOF PARTIALLY BLOWN OFF...SEVERAL OTHER

BUILDINGS HAVE LOST PARTS OF THEIR ROOFS AND SOME HAVE

COMPLETELY COLLAPSED. AT LEAST 2 HOMES HAVE COMPLETELY

LOST THEIR ROOFS. THE MEDICAL CLINIC WINDOWS WERE BLOWN

OUT. 4-WHEELER ATV SPOTTED TUMBLING DOWN THE STREET.

0412 PM NON-TSTM WND GST FALSE PASS 54.84N 163.44W

04/06/2011 M91 MPH AK ASOS

FALSE PASS ASOS RECORDED A PEAK WIND GUST OF 91 MPH AT

412 PM AKDT WEDNESDAY.

0414 PM NON-TSTM WND GST COLD BAY 55.22N 162.74W

04/06/2011 M92 MPH AK ASOS

THE COLD BAY ASOS RECORDED A PEAK WIND GUST OFF 92 MPH AT

414 PM AKDT WEDNESDAY.

0436 PM NON-TSTM WND GST ADAK STATION 51.84N 176.64W

04/06/2011 M72 MPH AK AWOS

THE ADAK AWOS RECORDED A PEAK WIND GUST OF 72 MPH AT 436

PM AKDT WEDNESDAY.