• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE April obs/disco Thread

HoarfrostHubb

I 'm there pretty often, my brother lives there. Unlike Kevin, my brother has an "organic landscaping" company take care of his lawn. I don't even think he owns a lawn mower. lol

That area is pretty nice, but the cops love nailing speeders.

I have to pick between Grubex and Milky Spore today

Got into the 30s again this morning

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not here--40.8 for the low. We don't cool, but fortunatley, we don't warm either. 49.6/37.

Still only 51.5F here... not bad. Just did some raking and added the grub stuff. Watering the lawn for a while today while at my son's baseball practice/games.

Sun is just starting to show. The temps should go up with that. :(:sun:

Only 6 months until Nov 1. First flakes likely already happened and interest begins for legitimate threats. :) Meanwhile, stayed a balmy 43.6/33 here--boy, does my station stick out like a sore thumb.

Meanwhile, it's nice to have at least a mention of snow in the forecast. :thumbsup:

MAZ002-012000-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

415 AM EDT SUN MAY 1 2011

.THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT

CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.

.FRIDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW

SHOWERS. COLD WITH LOWS IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

30 PERCENT.

Had a nice frost here with a morning low of 32. Decoupled early here in the valley. Climo would still favor 1, maybe 2 more frosty nights around here before growing season starts for sure. Typically the growing season is about 150 days around here ranging from early/mid May to early/mid October, but this can vary considerably from year to year as we've had frost as late as Memorial Day weekend and even the 1st week of June once and as early as early/mid September. Last year's warm spring was punctuated by a couple of freezes in May that damaged much of the early leaf-out foliage in the higher elevations. Lets hope that doesn't happen again.

Archived