12bet1 net
SNE April obs/disco Thread

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

radar to the south is impressive.

look forward to it.

I wonder how well they hold, there really isn't nearly as much MUCape up this way as there was/is down that way...these storms are being fed nicely though by the nose of the MLJ/RRQ of the ULJ...if the storms out run this support (which seems to happen fairly often) they probably will collapse some. Perhaps southern CT can get some lightning/thunder.

I wonder how well they hold, there really isn't nearly as much MUCape up this way as there was/is down that way...these storms are being fed nicely though by the nose of the MLJ/RRQ of the ULJ...if the storms out run this support (which seems to happen fairly often) they probably will collapse some. Perhaps southern CT can get some lightning/thunder.

The line in NJ has weakened a bit; a severe thunderstorm warning was in effect for the ACY area, but the storm appears to be losing some of its punch, albeit with the possibility of lightning, thunder, and heavy rain even up here. I guess this event isn't being caused so much by surface conditions, given that temps/dewpoints are in the 40s, but by the pool of warm air in the mid-levels. Here is the ACY sounding at 6z Wednesday:

Lost my last pile of snow in the yard....4\12....not bad; imaine if it hadn't gone out with such a wimper....may have made May, which is practically unheard of here on the cp.

Neighbor lost his late last week. I wish we had a good March...it's the one thing to complain about this winter...although still gets an A.

Archived