Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring Thread

Allenson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday

Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Colder with highs in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

WTF.post-18-0-61882400-1307744709.gif

Given a choice between 90/70 or showery w/ upper 50s, I'll go with the latter every time. YMMV. Having said that, upper 50s in June is pretty damned chilly. I should check out Portland's forecast as that is where I am for the time being. If there's an east wind ...

Given a choice between 90/70 or showery w/ upper 50s, I'll go with the latter every time. YMMV. Having said that, upper 50s in June is pretty damned chilly. I should check out Portland's forecast as that is where I am for the time being. If there's an east wind ...

Give me heat and sun on the weekend. I hate when it ends up like this...beautiful M-F wx and then a crappy weekend. Then the nice wx will return for the work week. :arrowhead:

Ahh it feels so nice and refreshing out today... Tds are down in the lower 50s now and that feels a lot better than the near 70F yesterday evening.

Currently 64/53 with some breaks in the clouds and a nice NNW breeze.

Looks like it'll only get more comfortable with dews in the 40s across N.NY and spreading into VT. BTV now down to Td of 48F along with PLB, SLK, and now MSS is driest at 42F. Keep those 40 degree dew points spreading east!

Anyway, picked up around a half inch of rain yesterday from various storms.

Amazing. Here in Philly for my final month and it seems nothing wants to cool it down this week. I woke up this am to run and t 5:45 when I stepped out the door I was floored how humid it was. 90s today with low 60s dewpoints and at least 75% RH. Soupy out there again. 60's with dwpts int he 40s just fine right now.

Rain and 58F here now. I'll take days like this whenever I can get them. This past week reminded me of how much I loath the heat. It feels like fall this morning and I can almost smell the fresh powder falling on the mountain. I absolutely cannot wait for that first day when the wind is ruffling dead, dry leaves across the forest floor and its got that feel that "tonight, it will snow." Only 4 more months to go! haha.

Rain and 58F here now. I'll take days like this whenever I can get them. This past week reminded me of how much I loath the heat. It feels like fall this morning and I can almost smell the fresh powder falling on the mountain. I absolutely cannot wait for that first day when the wind is ruffling dead, dry leaves across the forest floor and its got that feel that "tonight, it will snow." Only 4 more months to go! haha.

Should be seeing the foliage begin to turn up there in a couple weeks I'd guess. :weight_lift:

58/51 here at my temporary digs on the Portland Peninsula. High of 53F on Monday, GYX?? :snowman:

I really didn't think the rain would get in here till this PM and its been raining all morning. A friend was catering an outdoor party today and I told her she was safe till at least noon and probably wouldn't be to much qpf this PM either. She wouldn't be asking for my weather advice anytime soon. Don't know how the on air guys do it when they blow a forecast, I feel bad when I give wrong information to one person!

About 1/3" as of 1pm

Hey, Eric--you've foresaken us SNE folks! How's everything going up there?

Hey, Mike ... doing well. Big happenings in the personal side of life (I'm about to be a free man) but as far as weather goes, I couldn't give two ****es about passing showers and occasional thunderclaps. :sleepy: Maybe I'll see y'all at another GTG. First round is on me. :pepsi:

55/53 on the peninsula with about a quarter-inch of rain in the bucket. Think I'll forego walking to the stadium to watch the 'Dogs play tonight, unless the clouds dissipate and the temp rises about 20F in the next 90 minutes.

Quite a few loud CG lightning strikes here right by BTV tonight (localized thunderstorm from 945-1015ish). Wasn't expecting more than just some showers. Nice surprise.

One of the evening arrivals at BTV had winds as low as 2,000 blowing 50 knots (168 degrees).

49 cool degrees and the woodstove burns along slowly & lightly in the background. No surprise though--July is usually the only month of the year that I don't fire up the stove at least once to shake of a damp chill like this.

Had 0.52" or rain yesterday. Very nice. That's the highest 24 hour total that I've recorded since a 0.56" way back on 5/18/11. We've had a little over an inch of rain since 6/8 now.

54F with +RA. Great weather to start bike week! :lmao:

Ha-ha, I was thinking the same. Vroom-vroom!

Might be time for an actual summer thread one of these days. Wait till the Solstice? :sun:

50.9F .40" so far. Do I see a few wet flakes mixing in during the heavier showers? Just kidding. Awful day. Feel bad for the family renting my lake house this weekend for $750, but not so bad that I am going to refund their money!

HA! I've always wondered why people rent vacation cabins and such in June and July in Northern VT and the ADK. June is too cold, and July is too humid compared to the majesty that is late August. Nothing beats the eight weeks from the last two weeks in august through the first two weeks in october.

Just got back from spending the weekend in the Adirondacks for the Lake Placid Marathon (I only did the half... 13.1 miles is enough for my skiing legs, haha) and although the weather wasn't perfect for most things, it was perfect for running. Temps in the upper 50s to near 60F under cloudy skies and occasional filtered sunshine on Sunday morning before it started to rain around noon on Sunday. Weather-wise, I noticed that the Lake Placid area seems to be right in the middle of the Adirondacks and the mountains almost seemed to "protect" it from consistent mist and drizzle. Lake Placid sits at 1800ft+ so its up there in elevation but the surrounding terrain goes up to almost 5,000ft (and that's why that area around Saranac Lake is one of the coldest in the country at night). You have a very high "valley" elevation that radiates with the best of them... like a high plateau filled with lakes, bogs, swamps, and fields. Its no wonder that place can drop 30-40 degrees overnight on a still, clear winter night. While it makes for a cold overnight climate, the mountains always seemed to be in visible rain showers, mist, etc while there were breaks in the clouds over the Lake Placid area. That might explain why the area doesn't average as much snow as its near 2,000ft elevation would leave you to believe... but I bet it has amazing snow preservation of what falls.

Wish that if it were going to rain, it would rain! Precip began about 3 PM Saturday, and MBY has totaled 0.35" - still just under 0.4" for June. Kind of like Chinese water torture, in the fridge, and it looks like tomorrow isn't much better. High yest was 52, and the woodstove felt good last eve. It's sad when the garden lacks warmth, water, and sunlight at the same time.

Archived