Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NNE Spring Thread

Allenson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good for York and Cumberland County anyway. Looks like I'll be driving in whatever comes through.

Yeah, It looks good down your way for some severe, I need to see more convection fire up over Central, Northern NH and the Western Maine Mtns for us to see anything here with the ESE movement... :weight_lift:

Yeah, It looks good down your way for some severe, I need to see more convection fire up over Central, Northern NH and the Western Maine Mtns for us to see anything here with the ESE movement... :weight_lift:

Warning up for Oxford, Cumberland and York Counties. Yup, gonna get interesting on the commute in 45 minutes.

Storms past through mid afternoon with quite a bit of lightning and wind gusts in the 30's. .43" of rain. A nice storm but nothing severe. We have had no power since, Im on generator. As the storm approached I took my camera 1/2 mile up my road and got this shot of the storm coming over Newfound Lake! I was expecting a low roll cloud preceding the storm but the squall line base was pretty high. As you can see from the visablility the storm t wasn't putting down much qpf.

post-268-0-58432600-1307654587.jpg

That squall line that rolled thru Leb/Hanover was the most electrically charged thunderstorm line I've seen in years. I was at the Co-op in Hanover and there were SUPER CLOSE strikes right up on the Velvet Rocks hill, and just up Rt 120, among other close places. WIsh I had a video camera, because it was somethin else.

Storms past through mid afternoon with quite a bit of lightning and wind gusts in the 30's. .43" of rain. A nice storm but nothing severe. We have had no power since, Im on generator. As the storm approached I took my camera 1/2 mile up my road and got this shot of the storm coming over Newfound Lake! I was expecting a low roll cloud preceding the storm but the squall line base was pretty high. As you can see from the visablility the storm t wasn't putting down much qpf.

That picture is ABSOLUTELY incredible.

nice. :thumbsup:

That is an awesome photo!!

Thanks guys for the kudo's on the photo I took of the storms coming across Newfound Lake It helps being a photographer and also having a wide angle lens.

As I posted earlier the thunderstorm was not bad here in Bridgewater NH one town south of Plymouth. I had to go up to Plymouth around dinner time and wow, tons of damage in that town. Trees down on nearly every block, no power in the whole town. I saw several houses with trees blown down on them and the auto dealership on Tenney Mountain highway had part of its metal roof torn off. Power lines were down everywhere!

Thanks guys for the kudo's on the photo I took of the storms coming across Newfound Lake It helps being a photographer and also having a wide angle lens.

As I posted earlier the thunderstorm was not bad here in Bridgewater NH one town south of Plymouth. I had to go up to Plymouth around dinner time and wow, tons of damage in that town. Trees down on nearly every block, no power in the whole town. I saw several houses with trees blown down on them and the auto dealership on Tenney Mountain highway had part of its metal roof torn off. Power lines were down everywhere!

Awesome photo, may I post it on FB, giving you credit of course.

Great image wxeye; I noticed in the Exif that you shot it at F4 with just 1/25 sec exposure; so that's a nice grab of the lightning!

Ahh it feels so nice and refreshing out today... Tds are down in the lower 50s now and that feels a lot better than the near 70F yesterday evening.

Currently 64/53 with some breaks in the clouds and a nice NNW breeze.

Looks like it'll only get more comfortable with dews in the 40s across N.NY and spreading into VT. BTV now down to Td of 48F along with PLB, SLK, and now MSS is driest at 42F. Keep those 40 degree dew points spreading east!

Anyway, picked up around a half inch of rain yesterday from various storms.

I thought last Wed (6/1) was frustrating with 3 TS chances going graze/whiff/graze for 0.02", but yesterday topped (bottomed?) it, with 4 chances going graze/fizzle/sidestep/whiff. We did get a quiet 0.13" after midnight.

The graze was 7 AM, rumbles and 0.01"; the fizzle at noon - a nice looking batch of echo just dissipated overhead, barely wetting the ground.

The sidestep was the cell I hoped would hit MBY as I got home from work. I did get the north edge of the AUG svr, very hvy RA in north AUG but no hail (1.75" stuff 5 miles south) and spectacular CG lightning. The "home storm" clobbered Wilton, 2 towns west, then sidestepped/redeveloped 10 miles to the south, missing MBY (more rumbles and about 50 drops) and merging with the AUG complex. Then more flashes/rumbles 8:30-9:30 PM and a complete whiff.

Maybe there's something in the local topography that causes nearly all strong TS to pass around MBY. We certainly get our share of non-convective RA.

Archived