joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer Threat - End of March/ Early April

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're referring to last nights run, correct?

Yeah I was. We actually have two different storms ont he GFS. 3/30 and 4/2. The ensembles have both of these events. However, it could be timing issues of the shortwaves. The models have a big southwest cutoff which means models may struggle on any shortwaves that get ejected from it. That might be why we are seeing models going back and forth on 3/30 and 4/2.

Yeah I was. We actually have two different storms ont he GFS. 3/30 and 4/2. The ensembles have both of these events. However, it could be timing issues of the shortwaves. The models have a big southwest cutoff which means models may struggle on any shortwaves that get ejected from it. That might be why we are seeing models going back and forth on 3/30 and 4/2.

Agreed.

april fools day could be snowy for elevated interior and CNE .....ehhh? accumulatin at wa wa (lightly) heading there now

Jerk. I can't go tonight (or Friday :axe: :axe: :axe: )

Stoopid stoopid responsibilities...

Enjoy the snow. Did you check out the $10 thing? I'm trying to get da wife to go next week... MCAS looms though

28... mostly staff

Not feeling it for next week's storm(s). Threading a pretty small needle

dave i think you get SLAMMED next week....i think anyone over 850 or so feet gets bombed. this is the storm you have been waiting for 2" qpf as snow.....16 inches of blue bomb snow. WA WA's last day's will be grand. i really think you have a good shot....ski bias aside

dave i think you get SLAMMED next week....i think anyone over 850 or so feet gets bombed. this is the storm you have been waiting for 2" qpf as snow.....16 inches of blue bomb snow. WA WA's last day's will be grand. i really think you have a good shot....ski bias aside

Imagine that, closing day at WaWa and skiing 16" of fresh mashed potatoes.

A month ago people would have been slitting there wrist over the roller coaster ride on the models for this next potential, I know i could go either way with it as not much use for snow this time of year here but it would extend activities further north......

Somewhat agree - I'm awaiting some more snowmelt so I can dig the carrots overwintered in the garden. However, I'd like to reduce the variability of my April snow records. Of 12 Aprils here, 11 have had between zero and 6.2", the 12th had 37.2". 58% of all my 12-yr total snows in April fell in one 15-day period (3-17) four years ago. Need some balance here.

Somewhat agree - I'm awaiting some more snowmelt so I can dig the carrots overwintered in the garden. However, I'd like to reduce the variability of my April snow records. Of 12 Aprils here, 11 have had between zero and 6.2", the 12th had 37.2". 58% of all my 12-yr total snows in April fell in one 15-day period (3-17) four years ago. Need some balance here.

I told a few people around where i live here i think this could be the year where we get shanked with a good april snowstorm, If the euros correct it would be the april fools storm

Looks like the 18z GFS is going SWFE style for Mar 30th. But dynamics look pretty pathetic. Its using the first shortwave to do it and it kind of gets crunched into between the two stronger waves on each side of it.

The Euro wanted to focus everything on the 2nd wave and develop a huge coastal for April 1st a couple days later.

Looks like the 18z GFS is going SWFE style for Mar 30th. But dynamics look pretty pathetic. Its using the first shortwave to do it and it kind of gets crunched into between the two stronger waves on each side of it.

The Euro wanted to focus everything on the 2nd wave and develop a huge coastal for April 1st a couple days later.

Was the Euro rain or snow?

Was the Euro rain or snow?

It was mostly rain for SNE...though the interior N of the pike would start as snow and then perhaps go back to it at the end. But it wasn't far from being a mostly snow event. Like Cheshire county in NH was probably mostly snow on the Euro. At 7-8 days out, those details mean very little. Who even knows what shortwave is going to be the main focus for this event should it happen.

Archived