joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer Threat - End of March/ Early April

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful morning out there, perfect for a run.

clear

forecast low was 24 so not nearly as cold as they thought, winds and clouds kept temps up, although the next 5 days are WELL below normal, too bad its dry, what a waste of extreme cold so late in the season, congrats Richmond Va.

How bout those weeklies?

Ball shrinking cold thru week 4. No spring this year

Yeah they are cold, but as you get into April, those low height anomalies and colder 850 temps don't necessarily have the same result as they would in January. Regardless, with that trough there..it will still allow for storminess and probably some snow for the high spots.

Yeah they are cold, but as you get into April, those low height anomalies and colder 850 temps don't necessarily have the same result as they would in January. Regardless, with that trough there..it will still allow for storminess and probably some snow for the high spots.

Yeah..buti think overall it's a below normal pattern as we move thru April..Could be some really cold temps at night with the dry air and low dews

Makes me sick......just not worth it, at this stage.

Awful.

I agree. Come April I like to switch the mindset to Spring and outdoor activities that don't involve fleece and Gore-tex.

A cold April will only mean seeing daily pics of Pete's backyard glacier while lamenting that I'm still burning oil to warm the house.

As long as there are snow threats I say go for it. :snowman: When it gets to the point where it can only be cold rain then who cares...which probably means after about April 20th I'll side with Ray.

Ray, you will get your 60s and 70s soon enough. Delayed but not denied. Swampazz will return soon after that

While last spring was amazing after the rains ended, I am enjoying the below normal temps...

I'm gonna be in Silver Spring (and DC) on the 4th and 5th....so I guess the blossoms should be nice yet. Then I hope to return home to one last spring snow thrashing. ;)

They started to bloom this week. Should be reaching peak early next week. Should be an interesting sight to see them in near full bloom with some snow on them.

Ray, you will get your 60s and 70s soon enough. Delayed but not denied. Swampazz will return soon after that

While last spring was amazing after the rains ended, I am enjoying the below normal temps...

Way below normal temps are wasted this time of year w/o snow to make it meaningful. I'd rather not have to where gloves and hat to walk the dog in the morning.

I like the spring transition temps - they are so much more tolerable than the Rev's summer torches.

Makes me sick......just not worth it, at this stage.

Awful.

I agree, Who the fook wants a below normal april? If march ends up being a phail, Its time to move on to spring and to let winter go , Alls we are doing is delaying the inevetiable, Instead of mud season in april and early may, It will end up in May and late month..

Wow, impressed by the 00z model suite... Most deterministic guidance have a dreamy spring blue snow type solution centered on D8 - which is unfortunately way out there in time beyond determinism. But one thing we can do is assess favorability, and there is indeed a significant event signaled.

This could work out the best of both worlds if these teleconnectors hold. CDC has a strong 7 day PNA spike that descended negative by week 2, and this is more than less flagged by CPC as well. It's nice to have the two agencies on the same page. The NAO is also negative leading, but in the process of rising.

This brings us back to the Archembault signal I was describing a few days ago, and it is impressive to me that this signal is holding... If things break right, we have a big hurrah, followed a week later by a mass field adjustment into real spring...the kind that puts 70+ into ALB with Boston at 48F in fog :arrowhead: ...but seriously, perhaps one last big deal and then truer seasonal recovery gets under way.

Archived