12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 27 SpringBlizzard Discussion

Ji

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I have been reduced to searching the 10-14 day fantasy period for modeled warm weather.

well the good news is this 10-14 days is probably the end unless you count a random chilly day after. euro looks like it would want to warm after d10 and ensembles show nao headed back toward positive.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/new.nao_index_ensm.html

well the good news is this 10-14 days is probably the end unless you count a random chilly day after. euro looks like it would want to warm after d10 and ensembles show nao headed back toward positive.

http://www.cpc.ncep....index_ensm.html

Hope it has it right. A warm start to april if the next 10 days is indeed to be unseasonably cold and wet would be a nice start to that month.

Point and click says 36 for the high here Sunday. Gimme a break....LOL

No way that is right. Not in late March....

And snow??????????????????????????

Who the hell wants snow now????????????????????????????????????????????????

That's probably why we will get it now.

Point and click says 36 for the high here Sunday. Gimme a break....LOL

No way that is right. Not in late March....

And snow??????????????????????????

Who the hell wants snow now????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm pretty sure like 51 out of your 55 posts have been along the lines of "i don't want snow! Who wants snow?!" Maybe you're on the wrong forum...

36.7 here now. Yeah, it would definitely be nice to see the 2-3 inches on the ground gone by tomorrow night
Thankfully not a flake here last night! Unfortunately still have about 2 inches covering the ground that hopefully will be history thanks to this upcoming warm up !
Meh, would much rather have warmer temps. Not interested in Wintry stuff...
Let's hope the models change their tune between now and Monday... nobody wants snow any more....LOL
Let's hope he's right. The overwhelming majority of people are sick and tired of Winter and are looking forward to Spring.
Punxsutawney Phil failed to see his shadow, so it will be an early Spring
Hope this moisture gets eaten up over the mountains. Day after day after day of clouds and snow chances and cold temps is getting old fast. I can see how people get depressed in the Winter.
By good, i guess you meant wintry crap....LOL

18z GFS changes things up a fair bit. Consolidates the two waves into one and pushes it back to Saturday night/Sunday. You'd think that would be better for snow with darkness...but naso fast. GFS rides it up west of the Apps far enough before it jumps to the coast to warm everyone up. Still some front-end snow before a change to rain.

18z GFS changes things up a fair bit. Consolidates the two waves into one and pushes it back to Saturday night/Sunday. You'd think that would be better for snow with darkness...but naso fast. GFS rides it up west of the Apps far enough before it jumps to the coast to warm everyone up. Still some front-end snow before a change to rain.

the story of a crappy nina winter is still there in the background - jumping storms that miss us or flat waves that miss us. if we get snow of consequence i'll be shocked.

the story of a crappy nina winter is still there in the background - jumping storms that miss us or flat waves that miss us. if we get snow of consequence i'll be shocked.

TBH I will also be a bit shocked if we were to get accumulating snows... do we usually have better chances of late season snows during a La Nina?

TBH I will also be a bit shocked if we were to get accumulating snows... do we usually have better chances of late season snows during a La Nina?

it seems there may be some correlation but as with most other late season snows the best were quite a long time ago.

Too many variables against it. First, the storm is not a coastal runner so it isn't going to generate enough cyclogenesis to pull cold air down to the surface, second the Canadian High isn't in the right position on the day of the event to make snow happen through that magic, and third, the predicted thickness levels are marginal for a storm this late in the season. In the end, cold rain and your landscaper thanks you that it will occur late saturday and sunday :wub:!

Archived