12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 27 SpringBlizzard Discussion

Ji

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS clown map seems to show 2-4 N VA and north... perhaps 3-6 in N MD including BWI... but yeah its out there

i dont think it can take into account the high sun angle. no way that's all going to accumulate with lightish rates during the day.

i dont think it can take into account the high sun angle. no way that's all going to accumulate with lightish rates during the day.

Well...it might in a way. GFS shows the storm in 2 batches...one during the day Saturday and then another Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Clown maps show most of the accumulation happening after dark despite 50-60% of the precip falling during the day.

yep euro doesnt really do anything but push a weak wave east.. gets some light stuff up to just north of the nc/va border.

unfortunately that sort of fits the winter pattern.

Well...it might in a way. GFS shows the storm in 2 batches...one during the day Saturday and then another Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Clown maps show most of the accumulation happening after dark despite 50-60% of the precip falling during the day.

fair enough tho i'd guess that's a function of warmer surface temps no? i dont see how a map like that would take those additional factors into account? at the risk of pulling the "sun angle doesnt matter" crowd out of hiding.. in late Mar it does of course. ;)

fair enough tho i'd guess that's a function of warmer surface temps no? i dont see how a map like that would take those additional factors into account? at the risk of pulling the "sun angle doesnt matter" crowd out of hiding.. in late Mar it does of course. ;)

Yeah probably. But surface temperatures are a function of sun angle (among other variables), right? :guitar: Anyway...I'm with you that it would be tough to accumulate much during the day with warm ground temps, sun angle, low precip rates, etc...

yep euro doesnt really do anything but push a weak wave east.. gets some light stuff up to just north of the nc/va border.

unfortunately that sort of fits the winter pattern.

If we miss a legitimate shot at a late March snowstorm because it's suppressed...:axe:

One final Kick in the NADS :arrowhead:

If we miss a legitimate shot at a late March snowstorm because it's suppressed...:axe:

One final Kick in the NADS :arrowhead:

next storm looks about 12 hours earlier or so, warmer thus far -- 0c 850 knocking on the door by 156 with precip still well southwest

Archived