• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Brief winter wx obs Mar 9-10

ORH_wxman

Joe said in the other thread that some people were reporting snow/sleet in Queens with that stuff heading into W CT/SE NY. We could see frozen precip through about mid morning tomorrow, so anything that comes through will have to be watched.

Most of it should be on the very light side I would think.

should be here if it holds together in a few minutes, exhausted but want to see some flakes, never know when they will be the last of the season.

-SN

34.7/32

coating on cartops

Wind is absolutely roaring out of the east. Very noticeable here as I'm on an exposed hilltop. Temp has fallen about 1.5F with the arrival of precipitation, but mid-levels are going to be come toasty too fast for any accumulations in all probability.

Hey...help!

Will...did you get some light snow this morning??? Trying to figure out what the UP was at KORH around 8-9 AM. Thanks.

--Turtle ;)

I missed it, but I'll see if I can find someone who might have seen anything falling.

There were probably at least a few mangled flakes in there. I've found that most of the time when its reporting UP, its usually snow mixed with rain/sleet. But I'll see if anyone saw anything.

Absolutely nothing "brief" about this winter weather.... still (at 5pm), I repeat still snowing (very wet, but snow) at 800ft in Stowe village. Its 33F snow... but up the road at 1,500ft it is still snowing hard. Still snowing heavily on the mountain.

Current temps:

33F 800ft

31F 1,500ft

30F 2,100ft

24F 3,900ft

New Snow since 4pm yesterday:

4" 800ft

6" 1,500ft

10" 3,000ft

On top of the 2-2.5 feet that fell on Monday, the amount of snow around here is bordering on ridiculous. Snow depth is 39" here and 47" at 1,500ft.

Absolutely nothing "brief" about this winter weather.... still (at 5pm), I repeat still snowing (very wet, but snow) at 800ft in Stowe village. Its 33F snow... but up the road at 1,500ft it is still snowing hard. Still snowing heavily on the mountain.

Current temps:

33F 800ft

31F 1,500ft

30F 2,100ft

24F 3,900ft

New Snow since 4pm yesterday:

4" 800ft

6" 1,500ft

10" 3,000ft

On top of the 2-2.5 feet that fell on Monday, the amount of snow around here is bordering on ridiculous. Snow depth is 39" here and 47" at 1,500ft.

Web cam looks very wet

Archived