Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Brief winter wx obs Mar 9-10

ORH_wxman

Web cam looks very wet

Which one? Its a 33F wet snow down here in town... roads are just wet.

Up at the mountain its 31F base area, 24F summit.

The two at the mountain:

Not wet, white.

This is only wet because the cobblestone in the base area is heated and doesn't require snow removal.

Which one? Its a 33F wet snow down here in town... roads are just wet.

The two at the mountain:

Not wet, white.

This is only wet because the cobblestone in the base area is heated and doesn't require snow removal.

The cars ect looked wet, nice snow up top I bet, you guys have been getting rocked. Oh I think you misunderstood but wet snow, heavy leg action.

The cars ect looked wet, nice snow up top I bet, you guys have been getting rocked.

Yeah its definitely not champagne powder but I could care less right now, haha. Its snow and not sleet, zr, or rain. That's coming (unfortunately) but the at 5am this morning when I got up, the RUC had H85 temps going above freezing at 10am. Not even close. There are still flakes coming past my window here at home. NWS said we'd be freezing rain and rain after 12pm... sleeting by 10am. Nope.

I know its going to rain, but the amount of snow the mountain just picked up is the sacrificial snow, as my colleague likes to say. When this does turn to rain, we've now added another 6-10" of snow that can melt away before it starts melting away the existing snowpack.

Also, I bet we got close to an inch of QPF today as all snow. That's a huge dent in the storm's total QPF that did not fall as rain.

It is true, it snows where it wants to snow. And right now the northern Greens have been cleaning up.

Even 7" down at Killington today... VT from the Green Mountain spine eastward did well today. My friend's who came up to the mountain at 1pm for some afternoon powder, said that when they left Burlington there was absolutely no trace of any new snow left, and that precipitation changed to all snow as they drove into Waterbury/Stowe area.

VTZ003-004-006>008-010-110000-

ORLEANS-ESSEX-LAMOILLE-CALEDONIA-WASHINGTON-ORANGE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWPORT...ISLAND POND...JOHNSON...

STOWE...ST. JOHNSBURY...MONTPELIER...BRADFORD...RANDOLPH

456 PM EST THU MAR 10 2011

.NOW...

LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTH CENTRAL

AND NORTHEAST VERMONT THROUGH 700 PM TONIGHT. ANY SNOW

ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE LIGHT...GENERALLY UNDER AN INCH. THE LIGHT

SNOW WILL CHANGE OVER TO LIGHT RAIN AFTER 700 PM.

Archived