EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This block is really annoying...at least on the current depiction. Where is the La Nina blasting it out of the way when we actually need it? lol :lol:

This looks like a friggin weak El Nino. Atlantic totally dominating the pattern in our neck of the woods.

You do have Darth Vader as your avatar... perhaps you need the Force to move the block? :lol:

1960-61 was the best winter of my life. But that was the previous year discussed to the 1961 period.

The reason 1960-61 was so great was for the great early December blizzard 12/11-12 which my area got nearly 2 feet for in NJ. Then relaxation but still snow chances followed by pattern reload for a month beginning in January and ending with the Feb 1961 blizzard. I can still see the big flakes near the coastal front pounding down the night of 2/3/61.......in our front light you could literally see them accumulate. I was then 14....and in full on weenie mode......a winter for the ages.

4177f288-24de-6ab7.jpg

I don't know exactly how this is gonna play out come go time..but there is going to be a snow event in SNE sometime in the sunday-Tuesday time frame. Lots of signals out there..whether it's a Miller B, a Norlun, a clipper...somehow, someway we are going to snow

Well if we got that ULL just sitting there spinning over our heads, we'd probably get measurable at the very least. But it might be like 3 days in a row of 0.3", lol.

Jerry man thanks, a ton of memories just floated in my head, black and white TV on, looking out the living room window to see the dogs romping in snow. Thanks.

As S+ commenced, I was at an 8th grade basketball game. I remember the carpool and completely recall which kid's parent was driving each of us home that night in S+ around dinner time 1/19/61. I was in heaven because it was snowing...hard. The other kids were because it was clear that we would get another snow day...in a season of many.

Well if we got that ULL just sitting there spinning over our heads, we'd probably get measurable at the very least. But it might be like 3 days in a row of 0.3", lol.

Whatever it takes to just get some snow...until the big one comes. Flurries everyday aren't bad...makes the cold feel better.

As S+ commenced, I was at an 8th grade basketball game. I remember the carpool and completely recall which kid's parent was driving each of us home that night in S+ around dinner time 1/19/61. I was in heaven because it was snowing...hard. The other kids were because it was clear that we would get another snow day...in a season of many.

1961 January 19-20 The Kennedy Inaugural Snowstorm

Occurred on the eve of John F. Kennedy's Presidential inauguration in Washington, DC; second of three huge snows to hit the Northeast during the winter of 1960-61; Washington and Baltimore saw 8" of snow; New York City got 10"; 25" in Connecticut and New Hampshire; 24" in Massachusetts; barometer fell to 28.59" off Nantucket, MA.

Yeah it doesn't appear the first event is going to be a big event..but somehow we'll get a couple inches at least out of this deal..that upper low might actually help us . I can think of several times where we've had some "surprise" snow from these upper lows in the past

Who wouldn't love cold, windy cloudy days with snow in the air of various intensities? That's how winter should be

If anyone bitches about that for a start to winter they need to move to the Rockies. Nothing wrong with getting our feet wet so to speak with a cold ULL parked overhead, especially this early in the game, lots of instability. just saying, I will take it.

Yeah it doesn't appear the first event is going to be a big event..but somehow we'll get a couple inches at least out of this deal..that upper low might actually help us . I can think of several times where we've had some "surprise" snow from these upper lows in the past

Who wouldn't love cold, windy cloudy days with snow in the air of various intensities? That's how winter should be

Violently agree, I am sure Ray will post how it's a waste and we should start our own thread on ULL magic dust snow.

Archived