joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our best bet right now if the block is going to set up like this is to get disturbances pinwheeling around the ULL which may give us a couple shots at some light accumulation events. There's certainly no guarantee that happens, but more often than not, we see something minor but measurable when you get a stalled ULL like that.

I'm hoping its just weaker than depicted and allows something more significant to enter the region, but it may be tough.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. We're not going to go thru a 5 -7 day period with an ULL near/over us and not have any snow from it.

If we get the block to relax a bit

(which seems to happen often) as compared to what is modelled days 6-10 then we may even be able to do better than just light ULL snowfalls

If it was for a couple inches of snow I'd go for it but a cold, cloudy, windy day on December 8th does nothing for me other than put me in a bad mood.

I cab agree here actually, cold, cloudy, windy days SUCK...especially when I have to walk somewhere. It gets me in a horrible mood.

I'll take snow showers off and on though.

If it was for a couple inches of snow I'd go for it but a cold, cloudy, windy day on December 8th does nothing for me other than put me in a bad mood.

Well to the rest of us in SNE warm and sunny wx in winter puts us in bad moods.. Nothing worse than 55 and sunny in Dec or Jan. ..people walking around without jackets, windows open in cars, kids riding bikes outside and playing basketball at parks....makes me irate...almost to the point of coming over to your house and burning it down

Well to the rest of us in SNE warm and sunny wx in winter puts us in bad moods.. Nothing worse than 55 and sunny in Dec or Jan. ..people walking around without jackets, windows open in cars, kids riding bikes outside and playing basketball at parks....makes me irate...almost to the point of coming over to your house and burning it down

I don't want any warm wx...I violently agree. However, sct flurries where the snowflakes are 20 yards apart sux.

:lol::lol: :lol: literally just burst out laughing.

I don't want any warm wx...I violently agree. However, sct flurries where the snowflakes are 20 yards apart sux.

While not the heavy snow we really want..cloudy, windy and cold with flurries, snow showers, dustings..are far far better than warmth, sun, green grass, people hanging their sheets on clotheslines for fresh air, and hot air balloons wafting thru the sky during the cold season

While not the heavy snow we really want..cloudy, windy and cold with flurries, snow showers, dustings..are far far better than warmth, sun, green grass, people hanging their sheets on clotheslines for fresh air, and hot air balloons wafting thru the sky during the cold season

If I can get legit accmulations..I'm all about it. I don't want any warmth...I hate it as much as anyone, but it's frustrating to see the atmosphere choking and coughing up random snowflakes here and there. That's all I meant.

you guys are crazy... i love weather just as much as most of you... but it's extreme weather that gets me going whether in the winter or summer. If it's going to be -15 I'd get a lot more excited than 31 and overcast.

oh no doubt about that.

for me though, there is just something utterly depressing...almost makes me borderline Ray or Tip...of warm, sunny winter days where people are smiling and talking about how warm it is and what a nice winter we are having.

it's one less day of potential wintry weather in my life being sucked away.

It's simple...

In the winter time...if there are no legit snow threats on the horizon than why want cold weather? Waking up in the cold sucks, taking off your clothes prior to getting in the shower sucks, getting out of the shower sucks, applying cold hair gel to your hail sucks, having to wear 50 layers sucks, having to sleep with a sweatshirt, two think blankets, and long johns sucks, not being able to enjoy yourself outside sucks.

In the summer time...the hotter the better...more heat/humidity can lead to increased storm chances, girls dress less, beaches are full of hotties, and you can get up without freezing your fanny off, you go in the shower, get out, and throw on a few pieces of clothing and you're done.

oh no doubt about that.

for me though, there is just something utterly depressing...almost makes me borderline Ray or Tip...of warm, sunny winter days where people are smiling and talking about how warm it is and what a nice winter we are having.

Top story is the warmth and Ch 5 shows people biking along the Charles and hippies throwing the frisbee. It makes me want to shove a tree limb into their spokes and throw the frisbee into the river.

Nothing is more depressing then warm, muddy, bare ground in January.

it's got nothing to do with that. you called the man an idiot.

there are people in the SNE forum who know him personally, appreciate his opinion and calling him an idiot is childish, disrespectful and entirely unwarranted.

know one gives a rats a*s what you think of him or really cares about your opinion on the matter.

he's forgotten more in a day than 99% of the posters on this forum will know.

This !!! We love our Uncle Joe

It's simple...

In the winter time...if there are no legit snow threats on the horizon than why want cold weather? Waking up in the cold sucks, taking off your clothes prior to getting in the shower sucks, getting out of the shower sucks, applying cold hair gel to your hail sucks, having to wear 50 layers sucks, having to sleep with a sweatshirt, two think blankets, and long johns sucks, not being able to enjoy yourself outside sucks.

In the summer time...the hotter the better...more heat/humidity can lead to increased storm chances, girls dress less, beaches are full of hotties, and you can get up without freezing your fanny off, you go in the shower, get out, and throw on a few pieces of clothing and you're done.

yeah but Wiz you weigh like 16 lbs. that doesn't count.

oh no doubt about that.

This post should be added to the first page of the Kocin book..Hallelujah!!

oh no doubt about that.

I guess I look at it the other way... if we're not going to get snow or a big storm I'd rather it be nice out and not have to pay a ton for heat or have to listen to people bit*h about the cold. I'd rather just know that we're in a sucky pattern instead of being drawn in to watch every vortmax only to be left with 28 degree highs and overcast skies.

Yeah it only takes one strong s/w to get a nice blossoming shield of light snow. I just want my first inch.

I think we'd probably have a better than 50/50 shot at that happening if the more "boring" solution of a stalled ULL overhead occurs.

There's still plenty of time however to get something a lot better.

Archived