joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're going to cite scientists to back up certain arguments, I think calling into question their credibility is fair game. It's just my opinion of him though I would be happy to back it up in the CC forum. If you guys like Joe D that's fine.. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it.

Meet him and talk to him. He comes to the SNE WX conference each year. Some of his opinions are controversial but he's a well respected and educated met who has produced plenty of research as well as being a nice guy.

This run (12Z/30) doesn't shut the door by any means. This block will probably be less robust than currently modeled considering the modeling is beyond d5. Patience....we'll have measurable snow next week imho.

I guess I look at it the other way... if we're not going to get snow or a big storm I'd rather it be nice out and not have to pay a ton for heat or have to listen to people bit*h about the cold. I'd rather just know that we're in a sucky pattern instead of being drawn in to watch every vortmax only to be left with 28 degree highs and overcast skies.

i hear ya.

not that either is right or wrong obviously. i'd rather watch a vortmax whiff at 28 degrees than watch a vortmax whiff only to know that had it not whiffed it would have been rain anyway.

i'm with scooter and kevin on this one. would rather see Wiz frozen on the streets of W. Hartford waiting in line for M. Cyrus tickets than watch a couple sit on a blanket in the middle of Boston Common having a picnic while the Frog Pond melts.

I think we'd probably have a better than 50/50 shot at that happening if the more "boring" solution of a stalled ULL overhead occurs.

There's still plenty of time however to get something a lot better.

It's still not all that far off from something a lot more interesting...even on the euro. We just have to some how weaken or lift out the ULL overhead..but I don't think it's a daunting feat...it's just one stubborn feature.

i hear ya.

not that either is right or wrong obviously. i'd rather watch a vortmax whiff at 28 degrees than watch a vortmax whiff only to know that had it not whiffed it would have been rain anyway.

i'm with scooter and kevin on this one. would rather see Wiz frozen on the streets of W. Hartford waiting in line for M. Cyrus tickets than watch a couple sit on a blanket in the middle of Boston Common having a picnic while the Frog Pond melts.

:lol:

Top story is the warmth and Ch 5 shows people biking along the Charles and hippies throwing the frisbee. It makes me want to shove a tree limb into their spokes and throw the frisbee into the river.

Nothing is more depressing then warm, muddy, bare ground in January.

I agree. Perfect winter day is snowy and 28F. If it can't snow, at least be in the 20s/30s. Colder might be too cold and warmer makes me want to vomit. If I need real warmth, I get in a plane and go somewhere where it's supposed to be that way.

LOL ..just picture Scooter running over to the Hippies and pulling their hair, pushing them down., their knitted beanie caps flailiing thru the air...and taking their frisbee and just whipping it into the river....

When I was younger and that as the top story..I used to get so mad. The crap continued with the anchors going..."Wow was it a nice day or what.....yeah (hehe hehe) I wish this would continue right through April".

It still bothers me to see the news anchors all giddy when that happens.

I think we'd probably have a better than 50/50 shot at that happening if the more "boring" solution of a stalled ULL overhead occurs.

There's still plenty of time however to get something a lot better.

Agree,there is till lots of wiggle room for a nice blanket of snow. Closed ULLs always produce just need the orientation.

When I was younger and that as the top story..I used to get so mad. The crap continued with the anchors going..."Wow was it a nice day or what.....yeah (hehe hehe) I wish this would continue right through April".

It still bothers me to see the news anchors all giddy when that happens.

Same here...typically when Ryan's station does that, which is often., I immediately change the station to their competitors.

LOL ..just picture Scooter running over to the Hippies and pulling their hair, pushing them down., their knitted beanie caps flailiing thru the air...and taking their frisbee and just whipping it into the river....

Meanwhile the bus stays parked, There is no footprints on the seats, All heads are not bobbing but between there legs puking in a barf bag until the next model run..........

Since were in an in-between model hour.. anybody here going to pats jets game?

Yea I am going to my living room. Just got my Christams gift early!!1 Tailgator recliner, massages, heats and has cooler built in that holds four beers. Plush and warm eating chips and salsa downing cold ones watching people freeze FTW.

We all have known since day one you are a secret mod with the powers to delete posts etc..It's not some super top secret Bob

:arrowhead:

You think I'm keeping it secret? LOL. I never claimed it to be a secret. I knew most of you all knew. I was asked like 3 days ago to do it, to which I agreed. Also, it's not like it's permanent.

Yea I am going to my living room. Just got my Christams gift early!!1 Tailgator recliner, massages, heats and has cooler built in that holds four beers. Plush and warm eating chips and salsa downing cold ones watching people freeze FTW.

God you are so weak.. there's nothing better than layering up and downing cold ones tailgating

Archived