Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regardless of what transpires with respect to 5th/6th system or any follow up deal, this could be a good pattern for folks like Powderfreak and MRG. Nice cyclonic flow over the Northeast with a fair amount of moisture should lead to endless snowflakes for the Berks and Greens.

Could be one of those deals where Pete is posting picks of snow-covered roads every day from his truck while a lot of us are p. sunny and 36F. :lol:

Who cares.

LOL, well they have an upslope fetish.

Not that I'm special.....should we get an ene special, by all means....remind me of your indifference; pardon me if I don't care to see others rejoice while I continue to occupy the sidelines.

Hypothetical......no chair tipping here.

Like I said, I'll be suprised if that is the case.

Not that I'm special.....should we get an ene special, by all means....remind me of your indifference; pardon me if I don't care to see others rejoice while I continue to occupy the sidelines.

:lol:

Like I said, I'm trying to stop talking about it... I'm not the one that brought it up this morning though, lol. I do like how there are some mets out there that speak objectively and mention an area that's outside of their backyard.

And also like I said... I know what you mean. I lived for 18 years in the snow hole of the Hudson Valley while it was snowing all around me. Back on the WWBB days I'd get so angry sometimes when folks 20 minutes away in the west slopes of the Berks were reporting 3-5" new each day while I had sunshine. But that experience made me move to a more favorable spot.

:lol:

Like I said, I'm trying to stop talking about it... I'm not the one that brought it up this morning though, lol. I do like how there are some mets out there that speak objectively and mention an area that's outside of their backyard.

And also like I said... I know what you mean. I lived for 18 years in the snow hole of the Hudson Valley while it was snowing all around me. Back on the WWBB days I'd get so angry sometimes when folks 20 minutes away in the west slopes of the Berks were reporting 3-5" new each day while I had sunshine. But that experience made me move to a more favorable spot.

I'm sarcastic, but honestly, you have every right to.

On a serious note, it is probably a good idea to distinguish somewhat between that and synoptic conjecture because the newbies are going to become chair tippers once they realize that they need to live at 1500' to experience the fairy event they have been following. :lol:

This thread doesn't specify the upcoming threat... this is still an "upcoming threat" for some of us.

But I do like your idea of an upslope thread... I'll use it to tally our snowfall. :devilsmiley:

Totally.

Employ that thread of you wish, but all sarcasm aside, you aren't in the wrong for disussing it here.

I'm sarcastic, but honestly, you have every right to.

On a serious note, it is probably a good idea to distinguish somewhat between that and synoptic conjecture because the newbies are going to become chair tippers once they realize that they need to live at 1500' to experience the fairy event they have been following. :lol:

No I completely agree. I'm serious when I said I'll use that thread... I'm not sure why I haven't started one already as regardless of who gets snow, its still a pretty cool phenomenon on a meso-scale level. That thread could be used to go into specifics with bufkit images and the such.

I know you guys think its a given that we will get upslope, but like Lake Effect there are a ton of small factors that go into it... differences like 5-10kts of wind at H85 can make the difference between a foot of snow showers and a dusting. I'm sure some members would find it interesting to follow from a distance (like Lake Effect) without it being shoved down their throats everyday in the other threads, lol.

Hypothetical......no chair tipping here.

Like I said, I'll be suprised if that is the case.

You've lost it. Throwing in the towel on an event still very much on the table

I know you too well.

:weenie:

No I completely agree. I'm serious when I said I'll use that thread... I'm not sure why I haven't started one already as regardless of who gets snow, its still a pretty cool phenomenon on a meso-scale level. That thread could be used to go into specifics with bufkit images and the such.

I know you guys think its a given that we will get upslope, but like Lake Effect there are a ton of small factors that go into it... differences like 5-10kts of wind at H85 can make the difference between a foot of snow showers and a dusting. I'm sure some members would find it interesting to follow from a distance (like Lake Effect) without it being shoved down their throats everyday in the other threads, lol.

I know, but it is a given relative to synoptic SF.......that was my point. lol

There GFS ensemble have a monster spread at 144h. There is no use in trying to pin down any solution until we are 48h closer. If we continue to see a suppressed look with that initial vortex...that means we'd be looking for more of a retrograde solution down the line. If the block/vortex eases off in the next several runs, then we'll probably trend toward a more straight forward redevelopment.

Archived