Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted earlier about people mixing back with sleet possibly, as the storm cranked and WAA ensued again. That looks like what happened. What a storm though..glad you are back to snow.

I'm guessing I went through the same stuff Rick did as I had 10" this morning. Tough plowing with the ATV which pretty much means it was a good storm. For some reason the road crews did not come in early today and the roads were untouched and a disaster.

I see some pretty impressive totals in the BGM area.

Roady, what did you end up with. How did your trails hold up? - Nevermind, I saw your post on TC.

I wonder if the sleet made it into the LG region, I am guessing around 15 inches for the area.

Yeah, the sleet made it to the northern tip of Warren Cty. I'm sure you have 15" on the ground now up in Bolton as you started an hour earlier and flipped to PL a little later than me. Snowing hard now with the deformation band

Yeah, the sleet made it to the northern tip of Warren Cty. I'm sure you have 15" on the ground now up in Bolton as you started an hour earlier and flipped to PL a little later than me. Snowing hard now with the deformation band

according to the web cam, anything we lost on fri / saturday we have gained back and more. Snowpack is over 2 feet again.

Measured 6xSnowman.gif before plowing last night

Measured 9Snowman.gif before plowing this morning

15 Snowman.gif

Or

14xSnowman.gif where it hadn't been plowed (settled a bit, must be the weight of that sleet! It came on pretty good for a bit last night

(Queensbury. Still waiting to hear from my parents in Johnsburg what things look like up there. I'll head north to groom the trails one of the next few nights (before Thursday!)

Came up with an average of 7.3" due to drifting. Amazing the difference from the south end of Onondaga County to the north where I live. According to CoCoRaHS reports Dewitt and Tully received 17 and 16 inches respectively.

Edit: This storm puts me over 155 inches for the season.

My 10" last night coupled with the 2.5 measured around 9ish last night, gave me about 1' total, with about 10-11" on the back deck. We still had some pretty decent (spotty) areas with snowcover, snowbanks and piles, and everything looks mid winter again!

Interested in the Thu. night/Friday secondary potential.....March can be fun!

BTW, SU just closed for the whole day.....Bonus day off, with kids!!! :)

Eclipsed the 180" mark for the season!!!

2-3" here in oswego county yesterday and nothing overnight. I live in the extreme southwest corner of the county. We dodged the bullet here which is fine with me really lol. The sun is starting to shine through the clouds a little and looking off to the west i can see blue skies with some clouds mixed in.

Came up with an average of 7.3" due to drifting. Amazing the difference from the south end of Onondaga County to the north where I live. According to CoCoRaHS reports Dewitt and Tully received 17 and 16 inches respectively.

Looks like far Western Oneida County and parts of Madison took the brunt and I was pretty close for a change.

Munnsville 25.5, Vernon 24, Oneida, 22, Canastota, 21.2

Looks like I'll be the only one at work today.

popcorn.gif

I got a whopping 4 inches.

There was at least 6" at home in Rotterdam when I woke up, and the banding has been much better at home than here in Albany most of the morning, so I could see me pushing double digits for the storm. Big difference from where I am in the western end of town to the eastern end, and especially down here in ALB where they had a LOT more ice...lots of branches sagging down here.

It's been snowing to beat the bad here the last 30 minutes..... Every time I think it's almost over it back builds.

Archived