• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

Basically the push of cold from the west has slowed to a crawl as the wave forms along the front. The Dacks block us to the due north...see Broadalbin stuck at 37. So the relief comes from the NNE via the Hudson/LG/Champlain corridor. That cold has siphoned right down to ALB now and they are as cold as me out here. Now we all see low levels go under 32F and we just see how long until it gets cold enough aloft for frozen versus freezing.

32.8F...the rain/snow line on radar looks to be a ways away, but temps should fall below freezing very soon...they continue to drop at a moderate pace

15:00 - 36.8F

15:10 - 36.3F

15:20 - 35.3F

15:30 - 34.6F

15:40 - 34.2F

15:50 - 33.6F

16:00 - 32.8F

Dewpoint is now 31.5F....at this rate we'll be below freezing at my house in about an hour. We'll see how this trend continues.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still rain and 34 here... I imagine it is snowing not too far west into Schoharie/Montgomery Counies now....

Right at 32° here (actually 32.7 after dropping to 31.6) with plain rain falling. I left Oneonta about 30 minutes ago and it was ~50/50 rain sleet. NWS not buying much snow here, 3"-7" overnight. I've NEVER seen a snow gradient like they have from Delhi to Oneonta (http://www.erh.noaa.gov/bgm/winter/stormtotal/stormtotalsnow.php) so it will be interesting to see how that works out.

definite chance that the majority of the heavier snows misses Montreal juuuuuuuuuuuust to the east barely.

defintely could be less accums in the city than expected but accums ramp up dramatically once you cross the bridges off the island to the South.

once again, big SE trend with this one when you consider where we were friday. theme of the winter continues.

you deffinately made the right decision in coming to Ottawa for the storm. I think we did better than Montreal out of this.

Freezing rain and sleet in Oneonta then because they are down to 30F..... Well ALY and BGM didn't seem to coordinate much. ALY has more to your east in southwest Greene County....

Right at 32° here (actually 32.7 after dropping to 31.6) with plain rain falling. I left Oneonta about 30 minutes ago and it was ~50/50 rain sleet. NWS not buying much snow here, 3"-7" overnight. I've NEVER seen a snow gradient like they have from Delhi to Oneonta (http://www.erh.noaa....rmtotalsnow.php) so it will be interesting to see how that works out.

Freezing rain and sleet in Oneonta then because they are down to 30F..... Well ALY and BGM didn't seem to coordinate much. ALY has more to your east in southwest Greene County....

all snow in Fonda and sleet in Richmondville so the mix line isn't all that far away.. probably still a couple hours though.

you deffinately made the right decision in coming to Ottawa for the storm. I think we did better than Montreal out of this.

yep WSW for the city itself dropped :thumbsdown: .

heavier snow off the S bridges.....the SE trend just wouldnt quit......again.

looks like the eastern townships should pick up a couple feet.

def made the right decision being in ottawa yesterday. the conditions last night (stayed up till 4AM) were epic.....flash freeze and SN+ and strong strong winds and falling temps, only thing missing was thundersnow. otherwise it was a dramatic event with great flake size.

How much did Ottawa get?

yep WSW for the city itself dropped :thumbsdown: .

heavier snow off the S bridges.....the SE trend just wouldnt quit......again.

looks like the eastern townships should pick up a couple feet.

def made the right decision being in ottawa yesterday. the conditions last night (stayed up till 4AM) were epic.....flash freeze and SN+ and strong strong winds and falling temps, only thing missing was thundersnow. otherwise it was a dramatic event with great flake size.

But not bad to be looking at a top six season snowfall now without one huge synoptic hit. :)

I think this keeps KSYR at 0-fer this season in terms of WS Warnings verifying? At least at the airport. I haven't rigorously tracked this stat but it has to be close. Amazing. Flurries here as the system is sliding east. Looks like the 300 hr GFS is the next Great White Whale here. ;)

Very true. Certainly not a likely event but I'll take it! Enjoy the storm out your way!

NAM is a very good forecasting tool.....money in the bank forecasting tool......take whatever the NAM shows at T+24 or 36 and cut the qpf by 90%....and you will nail the storm everytime.....at least in SYR..... ;)

That said, I still think SYR and near points S and E, will get into a decent snowfall rate this evening....getting most of our area to around 5-8"......not quite the 44" from yesterday's NAM....:arrowhead:

I-88 from near Cobleskill west/southwest to Oneonta is all snow now..... Mostly sleet here..32.7F.

Yea, snow (or at least mangled flakes) mixing with the sleet. It looks like a ton of moisture headed this way. I see no way I only have 3" of snow in the morning, but we'll see. To be fair, their (BGM NWS) map has me in 6"-9".

Archived