Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paradox is down to 34F. the siphon of arctic air is now underway ...down the Champlain/LG/Upper Hudson Corridor. Expect you to plummet in hour or two.

Just finishing chopping the ice along the path to my front door. About a month ago I went into winter mode where entering and exiting the house was done strictly through the garage. Even put a wireless bell up. 48 degree heat got me to clear the path from all previous storms.

1 degree drop here in the last 15 min. (47.5.....gotta start somewhere I guess) but no fanfare here with FROPA as winds are still pretty much calm.......though banked up on the east side of the mountain can often mask the NW wind behind a weak wind shift boundary

according to my webcam, still have rain up in bolton landing but the wind has picked up. Looks like a rain / snow mix at times. Temp has droped down to 34.

mm3nf4.jpg

Good question...I wish I had an answer.

I think there was a weak s/w that rippled along the front, and with the aid of less surface friction (maybe) of a NNW wind off Ontario, the front sped up in my area, and was hung up a bit further north....but thats just based on some very subtle hints on the wv loops from this morning.....

12z Euro has nudged east and looks similar to 12z NAM as far as track is concerned. Pretty sharp gradient across C NY. Not counting what has already fallen (H00-06), here is QPF from 1PM (now) thru the end on the 12z Euro...

Central S Tier thru the Finger Lakes / SYR Metro / Tug Hill... .60-1.00 QPF

Eastern S Tier thru the Catskills / MV / Dacks... 1.00-1.75 QPF

CD / Saratoga-Lake George region... 1.75-2.25 QPF

Wow..............12z NAM, GFS and EURO all showing more than 18" here. This will be the first time I ever saw a huge snow preceded by a prolonged rain. NWS only calling for 5-9 here. Gonna be hard for them to go against all 3 models this evening. Went from 49 -35 in GFL in past hour

Yeah, the 12z Euro just bulldozes the ALY cwa from the CD northward. Off the 12z Euro, your area is looking at back-to-back 6 hour periods (7PM-7AM) of .75-1.00 QPF all snow!

ALY is being way too conservative IMO. Based on the noticeable shift to the S & E with the 12z runs, I would look for a marked increase in your snowfall totals from ALY...

Wow..............12z NAM, GFS and EURO all showing more than 18" here. This will be the first time I ever saw a huge snow preceded by a prolonged rain. NWS only calling for 5-9 here. Gonna be hard for them to go against all 3 models this evening. Went from 49 -35 in GFL in past hour

going to be crazy, maybe enough snow to top the thermo!

16kdthv.jpg

about 2" here....in past 6 hrs. Crippling. Mr. Gorbachev - tear down that WSW! ;) GooFuS out at 300 hrs looks interesting. I'm sure its spot-on.

LOL, nice.

FWIW... the 12z Euro still produces .6-.8 qpf worth of snow for SYR between now and 7AM.

About 2" here. So much snow, I'm not going to bother measuring again till morning.

BUST again? MMMMMMMMMMaybe

1.00-1.25 QPF on the 12z Euro for UCA from 1PM-7AM...

Archived