Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, snow (or at least mangled flakes) mixing with the sleet. It looks like a ton of moisture headed this way. I see no way I only have 3" of snow in the morning, but we'll see. To be fair, their (BGM NWS) map has me in 6"-9".

Glad the mix line has made it to you. It was a very tough call for the northern tip of Delaware county today. I hope (for your sake) you get a foot+. For my pride though, I'm hoping for the 6-9 inches. Enjoy the storm once you go over!

BTW, the reports are extremely helpful to us. We tend to look here for reports more than you probably realize. :)

That ALY map seems to imply a lot less in the valley floors of the Mohawk and Schoharie Valleys and I don't really buy it because the probs are up around 800-875 mb now (areas where it is mixing) ...not low levels. They will all cool safely below freezing even in the valleys.

What is that map done in braille for the NAM's sake?

Glad the mix line has made it to you. It was a very tough call for the northern tip of Delaware county today. I hope (for your sake) you get a foot+. For my pride though, I'm hoping for the 6-9 inches. Enjoy the storm once you go over!

BTW, the reports are extremely helpful to us. We tend to look here for reports more than you probably realize. :)

I could tell by your map that this area was right on the line. This is a big county and I realize it is hard to put up a warning/adv/etc. for the whole county knowing it wil not be realized in some areas. I would be fine if the storm ended right now, but am glad that the frozen precip. should end the runoff. I don't need more excitement on the roads tomorrow. This snow is useless to me with all the water under it, but I will never turn down a snowstorm.

Over to mostly (90% ?) snow. Moderate intensity.

Looks like the radar is starting to fill in finally. Moderate snow in Westmo.

Yes sir.

This storm is going to dump more snow at BGM than the past THREE Marches (08-10) combined (Total of 11.0")...

AND... this storm is going to polevault BGM over the century mark for the 2010-11 season for the 1st time since 04-05...

A multi-tasker is this storm... :guitar:

Would expect a 20-30 inch snowfall from this storm in a narrow band from about 15-30 miles northwest of ALB running northeast across south central VT into north central NH and parts of northern Maine.

Snow will back up to northwest late tonight as low moves through southern New England, so Montreal city could see 15-30 cms but heavier amounts across Eastern Townships (30-60 cms).

Predicting an onslaught of TRW activity across southern to eastern New England overnight, probably leading to extensive thunder-snow in the heavy snowfall zone. Max predicted near Rutland VT at 25-30 inches.

From your lips to god's ears. ;)

Would expect a 20-30 inch snowfall from this storm in a narrow band from about 15-30 miles northwest of ALB running northeast across south central VT into north central NH and parts of northern Maine.

Snow will back up to northwest late tonight as low moves through southern New England, so Montreal city could see 15-30 cms but heavier amounts across Eastern Townships (30-60 cms).

Predicting an onslaught of TRW activity across southern to eastern New England overnight, probably leading to extensive thunder-snow in the heavy snowfall zone. Max predicted near Rutland VT at 25-30 inches.

I could tell by your map that this area was right on the line. This is a big county and I realize it is hard to put up a warning/adv/etc. for the whole county knowing it wil not be realized in some areas. I would be fine if the storm ended right now, but am glad that the frozen precip. should end the runoff. I don't need more excitement on the roads tomorrow. This snow is useless to me with all the water under it, but I will never turn down a snowstorm.

Closing in on 4" here now Jim with this nowcast storm.

The state had to bring the grader out this am to clear the ice chunks off SR 23. There must have been an ice jam as it wasn't that high near the city.

From your lips to God's ears...............................:drunk:

By comparison, not that far away and a couple of hundred feet lower, it is all sleet at this time (34F), and quite heavy -- I thought it was heavy rain at first.

I like the sounds of that. Big bucks. No wammies.

2 inches or so up here in Warren, Vt. Snow picking up in intensity but still very little snow growth.

Nice. :thumbsup: All nice snowflakes here now... That took about one hour to go four or five miles...

great.. still mostly rain here with the occasional sleet pellet 31.4/30. at that rate we wont flip here until 11 PM lol. I'll be having nightmares of 2/25/10

Well hopefully sooner.... I'm exactly due west of like where Wolf Road meets Albany Shaker Road ...for reference of my latitude....

Well i'm right off of RT. 155 in colonie so we'll see how long it takes to progress about 15-20 miles due east. enjoy the snow :snowman:

Archived