• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

Looks like far Western Oneida County and parts of Madison took the brunt and I was pretty close for a change.

Munnsville 25.5, Vernon 24, Oneida, 22, Canastota, 21.2

Looks like I'll be the only one at work today.

popcorn.gif

Easily 24+ here, wish i was a spotter or had one nearby! the roads were a mess at 8 am when i got to work,

had to do some serious snow removal here to get our employees in.

i hope my SO took some pics of me doing the driveway this am, i'll post if we have them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well nice surprise here when i woke up......steady snow when i woke up, still snowing at a good clip!

nothing like you guys to the south but we got about 4-5 inches here in MTL west end, and im sure amounts go up quicky to the east and south.

combined with the snow from yesterday's chageover about 7-8 total now here in the west end. :snowman:

reading repots from SYR and the mixed pcpc in GFL.... storm defintely ended up with a last minute wobble west and brough some better snow into montreal metro.

congrats to you guys in CNY and ENY , and especially the much deserving I-81 corridor :thumbsup:

well nice surprise here when i woke up......steady snow when i woke up, still snowing at a good clip!

nothing like you guys to the south but we got about 4-5 inches here in MTL west end, and im sure amounts go up quicky to the east and south.

combined with the snow from yesterday's chageover about 7-8 total now here in the west end. :snowman:

reading repots from SYR and the mixed pcpc in GFL.... storm defintely ended up with a last minute wobble west and brough some better snow into montreal metro.

congrats to you guys in CNY and ENY , and especially the much deserving I-81 corridor :thumbsup:

Ya, another nice snow surprise today.. I wasn't expecting us to get as much snow as we have gotten, but luckily the storm went a titch further west.. Unfortunately not far enough west for our friends in Ottawa..

There's about 8 inches downtown, and it's still coming down..

Cheers,

Scratch

Ya, another nice snow surprise today.. I wasn't expecting us to get as much snow as we have gotten, but luckily the storm went a titch further west.. Unfortunately not far enough west for our friends in Ottawa..

There's about 8 inches downtown, and it's still coming down..

Cheers,

Scratch

yep, you are a biut further east than me and thats making a difference. im at about 6 inches / 15cm now i'd say.

impressive storm, glad we got some action out of it.

the only thing i lack is the heater,

not that i don't appreciate the cab,

but the windshield does get foggy and

ice over in this kind of weather.

sure gets the job done though. if i didn't have to

work i'd have put her to work big time! people are having

a hard time plowing with pick up trucks, so we are getting

requests for large bucket tractors for rent. just only have

so many.

the only thing i lack is the heater,

not that i don't appreciate the cab,

but the windshield does get foggy and

ice over in this kind of weather.

sure gets the job done though. if i didn't have to

work i'd have put her to work big time! people are having

a hard time plowing with pick up trucks, so we are getting

requests for large bucket tractors for rent. just only have

so many.

It's the same here....We had to use the Front end loader on our tractor to clear our driveway and some of our neighbor's down the road.....drifts were unreal.

My 10" last night coupled with the 2.5 measured around 9ish last night, gave me about 1' total, with about 10-11" on the back deck. We still had some pretty decent (spotty) areas with snowcover, snowbanks and piles, and everything looks mid winter again!

Interested in the Thu. night/Friday secondary potential.....March can be fun!

BTW, SU just closed for the whole day.....Bonus day off, with kids!!! :)

Eclipsed the 180" mark for the season!!!

So far, I'm at 162" for the season....George, When was the last time the Syracuse area beat the Tug in Seasonal Snowfall?

Archived