Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Christmas lights in the 4th picture....Way to get an early jump on the upcoming season!! :thumbsup:;)

Otherwise, congrats on the white gold....lot's of it!! :snowman:

everytime it warmed up it rained, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

Anywheres from 18-36" in the valleys and hilltops. Lots of unplowed roads and streets today. Huge drifts, snowicane conditions, plows off the roads, running water and sunshine. Did I miss anything? 30" at my house is my best guess bringing me to 179" for the season. I've plowed for 35 years and I've only seen it worse once than it was predawn and that was the blizzard of "93".

The roads dried up nice when the sun came out but a the county and a few towns have lost some lanes in the roads. I sure hope when this goes is gradual or someone downstream is gonna have a boatload of water.

Anywheres from 18-36" in the valleys and hilltops. Lots of unplowed roads and streets today. Huge drifts, snowicane conditions, plows off the roads, running water and sunshine. Did I miss anything? 30" at my house is my best guess bringing me to 179" for the season. I've plowed for 35 years and I've only seen it worse once than it was predawn and that was the blizzard of "93".

The roads dried up nice when the sun came out but a the county and a few towns have lost some lanes in the roads. I sure hope when this goes is gradual or someone downstream is gonna have a boatload of water.

awesome!

i just mapped your location and saw that you are in the viciintiy of I-88....lovely stretch of road, for as much an interstate can be.:lol: .

whats your elevation up in plymouth?

Congrats to my old friends in Binghamton!!! That is one part of the NEUS that really deserved a storm like this. I was happy for you guys while it was 57F and pouring rain here at midnight last night :thumbsup:

I spent the night in Vestal and that was something special with the thundersnow. Probably the heaviest syntopic snow rates I've ever experienced... if it wasn't 3"/hr... it was darn close. For once... the triple cities / Sus River Valley actually looked like they picked up more snow than my place in Maine. Measured just over 14" back home, but it was probably closer to 17-18" on the east side of Vestal...

I spent the night in Vestal and that was something special with the thundersnow. Probably the heaviest syntopic snow rates I've ever experienced... if it wasn't 3"/hr... it was darn close. For once... the triple cities / Sus River Valley actually looked like they picked up more snow than my place in Maine. Measured just over 14" back home, but it was probably closer to 17-18" on the east side of Vestal...

Mesoscale banding FTW :weight_lift:

I'm sure you've seen the PNS from BGM, but I was blown away by the 21" report from Conklin! For those who aren't familiar with the local geography, Conklin sits right at the floor of the Susquehanna River Valley...which is kind of a snow-hole relative to the more elevated parts of Broome County where 20" storms aren't quite as uncommon (although 20" is a lot of snow no matter how you slice it). For the triple cities / Sus River Valley I think this storm just edged out Valentines Day 2007, although that was probably a worse storm due to higher wind speeds...but in terms of the actual amount of snow, you probably have to go back many years to find a storm this large in that part of Broome County.

Some local snowfall reports

West Winfield 25.5

Clayville 24.5

Cedarville 24.0

East Winfield 24.0

Sherburne 23.5

Columbia 23.5

Vickerman Hill 23.0

Waterville 23.0

Burlington Flats 23.0

Verona 22.5

Sauquoit 22.0

Deansboro 21.0

Richfield Springs 20.4

Boonville 20 .0

Litchfield 20.0

Oriskany Falls 20.0

North Marcy 20.0

Morris 20.0

Ilion 20.0

Herkimer 20.0

New Hartford 19.4

Cooperstown II 18.0

Forestport 18.0

South Utica 18.0

Salisbury 18.0

Sangertown SM 17.5

Steuben 17.4

Whitesboro 17.3

Port Leyden 17.0

Milford 17.0

Cooperstown 16.0

Deerfield 14.0

Maryland 14.0

Deerfield 14.0

Hartwick 14.0

Marcy 14.0

Oriskany 13.5

Westmoreland 13.4

Point Rock 12.2

Schenevus 12.0

Holland Patent 12.0

Rome 10.0

Lake Delta 10.0

Glenmore 10.0

Westdale 4.0

http://www.wktv.com/weather/blogs

2" more after 5:30 yesterday. 12" total is nothing compared to some other locations but it was more than my wheeler wanted to plow so I had to use the tractor for most of it. It had that nice blue look to it once it was "opened up". And plowing on unfrozen ground (at least the surface) sucks.:thumbsdown:

120" total for the year, the first time I have hit 10' in the 5 or 6 years I have been keeping track.:thumbsup:

i ended up with about 7 or so inches here in west montreal. there was quite a bit of blowing and drifting too in the NW snow band that fortunately crossed the city. even though we didnt get the big snows just to our S and E, it looks mid-winter fantastic out there this morning.

here is a news report from Montreal and Sherbrooke, and includes video.

http://www.globalmon...5119/story.html

all in all, this was a fascinating weather weekend and event in general.....and one of most memorable for me personally, from the changeover chase in ottawa to the 'just barely made it' snowstorm in montreal.:snowman:

i defintely nominate this thread for upstate forum hall of fame. :thumbsup:

Archived