Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to take Mr. Deere for an evening stroll before closing it down for the night. He help me rid my driveway of nearly 9 inches of white gold...

Mr. Deere

I'm glad I did too - it's a real heavy snow. It was hard to blow thru it even with the tractor. Would have been a super challenge if I waited until morning. :weight_lift:

Had to take Mr. Deere for an evening stroll before closing it down for the night. He help me rid my driveway of nearly 9 inches of white gold...

Mr. Deere

I'm glad I did too - it's a real heavy snow. It was hard to blow thru it even with the tractor. Would have been a super challenge if I waited until morning. :weight_lift:

nice video looks like its coming down pretty good still. that dry slot area is approaching quickly on radar so I hope it fills in for you and logan11. still all pingers here.

Nice Andy. :)

I'm in a semi-dry slot here now it seems. Hope that stuff west of here pivots in. I think I have close to 8 inches. Snow quaity has never been great here, but a good amount. Now grainy light stuff falling and 28.

Close to a foot here in GFL with drifts 2 to a couple 3 feet. WInds NNE 20-25 mph and gusting higher at times. Just awesome. Night all! Seasonal total now 83.7"

Yup - same here. Intensity has slackened significantly. Radar is looking a bit patchy to the south of us.

Nice Andy. :)

I'm in a semi-dry slot here now it seems. Hope that stuff west of here pivots in. I think I have close to 8 inches. Snow quaity has never been great here, but a good amount. Now grainy light stuff falling and 28.

Thundersnow here!!!! wow !

Sounds like some epic weather. Just had my friend Logan (CNYwxguy) text me bout the thundersnow as well and was forwarding that ob for him as well as the visibility being pretty much zero. Just seen PSUHazleton post about thundersnow in the CPA thread before i came over here so thundersnow must be the new fad this evening...as if this storm system needed to do anything else ridiculous. That is a mean looking band over BGM, and SYR is even in some good action as well.

Sounds like some epic weather. Just had my friend Logan (CNYwxguy) text me bout the thundersnow as well and was forwarding that ob for him as well as the visibility being pretty much zero. Just seen PSUHazleton post about thundersnow in the CPA thread before i came over here so thundersnow must be the new fad this evening...as if this storm system needed to do anything else ridiculous. That is a mean looking band over BGM, and SYR is even in some good action as well.

Really is...hard to believe this is happening here. It's coming down very hard now (prob the hardest I've seen in yrs in BGM ) and adding up fast. There might be some impressive numbers coming out in the morning around this area... Been going to school here for 4 yrs now...this one may be the snowiest storm I've seen here (i think it is already).. thats impressive! :)

saved these..

wunidsmap3b.gifwunidsmap3.gif

UP at GFL ... hmm quite a surge of mild air up above as this thing is wrapped up in NJ....

wow it must be closer to 800 mb then. the 00z nam forecast sounding shows this around ALB right now but not GFL. I've lost all hope of anything significant around here. maybe you can add a couple inches assuming this thing doesn't track up the CT river valley.

s

Really is...hard to believe this is happening here. It's coming down very hard now (prob the hardest I've seen in yrs in BGM ) and adding up fast. There might be some impressive numbers coming out in the morning around this area... Been going to school here for 4 yrs now...this one may be the snowiest storm I've seen here (i think it is already).. thats impressive! :)

saved these..

Man wish I was there right now. Ended up with a lil under 5 inches of concrete down here (SW of State College). Parts of State College have at least 7 inches and i'm really curious to see what places like Williamsport end up with. There could be a 10 inch or so amount in that area somewhere, and some of that was never upgraded to warnings. Know your region is forecasted by BGM to be generally 10-14 inches, you have any idea how much you have on the ground?

Man wish I was there right now. Ended up with a lil under 5 inches of concrete down here (SW of State College). Parts of State College have at least 7 inches and i'm really curious to see what places like Williamsport end up with. There could be a 10 inch or so amount in that area somewhere, and some of that was never upgraded to warnings. Know your region is forecasted by BGM to be generally 10-14 inches, you have any idea how much you have on the ground?

hard to tell... looks like 11"+.

hard to tell... looks like 11"+.

Hmm sounds about right, there was a 10.9" reported in Vestal City at 1am, which is the only ob in your county so far. Not sure what end of town your in or anything but there's another very slug of intense snowfall and perhaps potential thundersnow just getting to BGM. Looks to at least get BGM itself and just east of town.

post-1507-0-50678600-1299484679.gif

Fairly heavy sleet here now. Down to 27. At 2 AM GFL has moderate FZRA according to the asos... FWIW the 6Z NAM wants to swing decent qpf back through us... even .25" after 12Z.

wow it must be closer to 800 mb then. the 00z nam forecast sounding shows this around ALB right now but not GFL. I've lost all hope of anything significant around here. maybe you can add a couple inches assuming this thing doesn't track up the CT river valley.

s

Archived