Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 4-8 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that big slug of moisture over PA going to make it up here?

Well... 18z NAM just came in and pretty much looks like the Euro as far as C NY is concerned (QPF below). Even with a steady shift southeast on most of the models Today, I still like the prospects for a 10-14" Storm Total along the Route 12 corridor from BGM-UCA...

post-538-0-61588400-1299441553.gif

About 2" here. So much snow, I'm not going to bother measuring again till morning.

BUST again? MMMMMMMMMMaybe

Good luck to you guys out in CNY tonight... The difference between yesterday's NAM runs tracking this way inland are starkly different than today's 18z which takes it almost over Boston.

If yesterday's NAM runs were correct it should be snowing 1-2"/hr in BUF right now.

Good luck to you guys out in CNY tonight... The difference between yesterday's NAM runs tracking this way inland are starkly different than today's 18z which takes it almost over Boston.

If yesterday's NAM runs were correct it should be snowing 1-2"/hr in BUF right now.

You should do very well tonight by the looks of it :thumbsup: I'm hoping we can squeeze out an inch or two to get the ground fully white again.

Kinda funny reading the posts and seeing how disapointed people r....driving from watkins glen back to nyc and the southern tier expressway was a disaster. No fewer than 10 cars in ditches. I think the problem is people think they can drive normally and they need to slow down. From south of binghamton on down pouring rain.

19z RUC keeps the 0C line at 850 hPa right over ALB until about 9z tonight. So close yet so far away, lol

The RUC definitely has a northwest bias past 6 hours out so i'd assume ALB flips sooner than. especially if GFL is already seeing some wet flakes but who knows.

definite chance that the majority of the heavier snows misses Montreal juuuuuuuuuuuust to the east barely.

defintely could be less accums in the city than expected but accums ramp up dramatically once you cross the bridges off the island to the South.

once again, big SE trend with this one when you consider where we were friday. theme of the winter continues.

Looks like ALY just extended winter storm warnings into the immediate CD for 6-12"

Yeah, the writing was on the wall last night with the 0z Euro trending wetter / colder and the 0z-6z NAM coming in SE. The 12z runs nudged even more S & E, and wallah... the downtown CD is locked in for a blitzkrieg of white Tonight... along with much of E NY.

NWS just upped the totals for the wsw..

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...MOHAWK VALLEY...SCHOHARIE VALLEY...NORTHERN

CATSKILLS... HELDERBERGS...AND MUCH OF THE LAKE GEORGE

NORTHERN SARATOGA REGION.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION.

* ACCUMULATIONS...8 TO 16 INCHES OF SNOW....UP TO A TENTH OF AN

INCH OF ICE. SNOWFALL RATES UP TO AN INCH PER HOUR WILL BE COMMON

Yeah, the writing was on the wall last night with the 0z Euro trending wetter / colder and the 0z-6z NAM coming in SE. The 12z runs nudged even more S & E, and wallah... the downtown CD is locked in for a blitzkrieg of white Tonight... along with much of E NY.

yeah i'm just hoping the 0C 850 line doesn't stall too much once the low moves further up the coast. currently 33.6 with moderate rain.

yeah i'm just hoping the 0C 850 line doesn't stall too much once the low moves further up the coast. currently 33.6 with moderate rain.

32.8F...the rain/snow line on radar looks to be a ways away, but temps should fall below freezing very soon...they continue to drop at a moderate pace

15:00 - 36.8F

15:10 - 36.3F

15:20 - 35.3F

15:30 - 34.6F

15:40 - 34.2F

15:50 - 33.6F

16:00 - 32.8F

Dewpoint is now 31.5F....at this rate we'll be below freezing at my house in about an hour. We'll see how this trend continues.

Archived