KALY

TEMPERATURES SHOULD APPROACH FREEZING BY 10 PM. BY THAT

TIME...LOOK FOR FREEZING RAIN TO SWITCH TO SLEET AND SNOW IN THE

CAPITAL DISTRICT...AND ALL SNOW FURTHER NORTH AND WEST. THERE IS

STILL A LOT OF PRECIPITATION THAT WILL TRAVERSE ACROSS

REGION...PROBABLY AN ADDITIONAL INCH (OR MORE) TONIGHT WITH SOME

AREAS CLOSER TO TWO INCHES.

:lmao::drunk:

Closing in on 4" here now Jim with this nowcast storm.

The state had to bring the grader out this am to clear the ice chunks off SR 23. There must have been an ice jam as it wasn't that high near the city.

3.5" here and pouring snow. I don't believe there was any real flooding problems here. Walton looks to get flooded again, but what else is new.

Congrats to all getting the show....Gravestone, Slick and I are essentially groupies.....

nothing at all for you guys?

im back in MTL now, and the snow is just hanging out to our SE, i can probably wave to it.....so yeah i know how you feel.....SE trend once again, it treneded right past us lol. :arrowhead:

i made up for it last night though. :snowman:

we went below freezing about 10 am , very slight zfr then turned to snow. didn't accumulate

a lot until the sun went down, plus a lot of moisture in the ground from the rain that

came overnite.

my very unofficial estimate is 8-10" so far, coming pretty good still. down to 21, so what is

falling isn't as heavy as what did during the afternoon. watching

that backside towards Roch closely!

Who said the SPC was only good for forecasting Severe Weather??? :snowman:

mcd0198.gif

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0198

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0632 PM CST SUN MAR 06 2011

AREAS AFFECTED...NERN PA...CNTRL/ERN NY...CNTRL NEW ENGLAND

CONCERNING...WINTER MIXED PRECIPITATION

VALID 070032Z - 070430Z

PRECIPITATION RATES ARE ANTICIPATED TO INCREASE THROUGH THE LATE EVENING ACROSS NERN PA AND CNTRL/ERN NY...INTO CNTRL NEW ENGLAND. A NARROW TRANSITION ZONE OF MIXED P-TYPES /PRIMARILY FZRA AND/OR PL/ IS EXPECTED TO SHIFT SEWD WITH TIME...EXTENDING FROM NERN PA NEWD INTO CNTRL NEW ENGLAND...WITH PRECIPITATION RATES LIKELY EXCEEDING 0.10 IN/HR. FARTHER TO THE W...HEAVY SNOWFALL WITH RATES OF 1-2 IN/HR ARE EXPECTED.

AN INTENSIFICATION OF ONGOING SWATH OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR THIS EVENING AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING LOW LEVEL CYCLONE POSITIONED OVER CNTRL MD PER 00Z OBJECTIVE ANALYSIS. WITH TIME...THIS FEATURE IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TO SHIFT NEWD TRACKING NEARLY PARALLEL TO THE ATLANTIC COAST...WITH AN ATTENDANT WARM CONVEYOR/50-60 KT LLJ NOSING INTO SRN NY AND CT. THE RESULTANT STRENGTHENING OF THE LOW LEVEL FRONTOGENETIC CIRCULATION...COMBINED WITH INCREASING ISENTROPIC UPGLIDE...WILL LEAD TO AN UPSWING IN PRECIPITATION RATES. THE SFC FREEZING LINE WILL CONTINUE TO SHIFT SLOWLY TOWARDS THE SE...WITH A SWITCHOVER TO FREEZING RAIN EXPECTED TO OCCUR IMMEDIATELY IN ITS WAKE AS A 2-3 DEG C 850 MB WARM NOSE /OBSERVED IN 00Z ALB SOUNDING/ PERSISTS OVERHEAD. FARTHER NW INTO THE COLD AIR...P-TYPE SHOULD PRIMARILY FAVOR SNOWFALL...WITH RATES INCREASING TO AROUND 1-2 IN/HR. HEAVY PRECIPITATION RATES ARE EXPECTED TO BE MAINTAINED INTO THE EARLY MORNING AS STRONGER MIDLEVEL ASCENT ASSOCIATED WITH AN APPROACHING UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVERSPREADS THE REGION.

..ROGERS.. 03/07/2011

nothing at all for you guys?

im back in MTL now, and the snow is just hanging out to our SE, i can probably wave to it.....so yeah i know how you feel.....SE trend once again, it treneded right past us lol. :arrowhead:

i made up for it last night though. :snowman:

3.5 for the day....and there still is some hope to get into some heavier snows over the next few hours.....we could double that.....but there will be some folks with over 2' when all is said and done......and we had that carrot dangled in front of us for a good 5 or so runs of models (from many)....thus a touch of dissappointment....but old man winter is starting to tire.....and the smell of fresh cut grass and a round of golf at this point is becoming increasingly appetizing

3.5 for the day....and there still is some hope to get into some heavier snows over the next few hours.....we could double that.....but there will be some folks with over 2' when all is said and done......and we had that carrot dangle in front of us for a good 5 or so runs of models (from many)....thus a touch of dissappointment....but old man winter is starting to tire.....and the smell of fresh cut grass and a round of golf at this point is becoming increasingly appetizing

indeed

Very good snow here - though I think the best snow growth is out toward Cobleskill where I hear they have 6 inches. Maybe 3.5" here....29.8F.

It's crazy how this cutoff around here is a lot like February last year.

Heavy sleet/frz rain right now and 30.5. With the radar eco's coming up the HV if it was snowing it would probably be the heaviest snow in years falling. Things must be looking good at Logan's house.

3.5" here and pouring snow. I don't believe there was any real flooding problems here. Walton looks to get flooded again, but what else is new.

8"+ now water running everywhere still.

Gonna be a rotten spring from the looks. We won't be able to pull signs till May with the snow wet and frost problems

Snowing at a steady inch an hour rate. 5.5 inches in about five hours. Winds picking up. Just had a brief whiteout in a strong gust. Rick, are you getting the wind too, or is it elevation dependent?

Very good snow here - though I think the best snow growth is out toward Cobleskill where I hear they have 6 inches. Maybe 3.5" here....29.8F.

It's crazy how this cutoff around here is a lot like February last year.

Quite windy yes and I'm sure I'm over 4 inches.... I may be only at 1K feet but this is a very windy open ridge. Almost every winter we lose a few shingles. 29.5F here now.

Snowing at a steady inch an hour rate. 5.5 inches in about five hours. Winds picking up. Just had a brief whiteout in a strong gust. Rick, are you getting the wind too, or is it elevation dependent?

Archived