12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Mid-February Obs/Discussion

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.5" here with some more organized stuff moving back in. I wasn't sure if that secondary batch that the HRRR model had been modelling was gonna come to fruition, where it held moderate snows over the region the rest of the night. But judging by current radar it looks like it did a pretty decent job. Got a shot of outside when i was shovelling . Temps down to 18.5ºF

post-1507-0-79609600-1298356336.jpg

Being sick i wasn't able to go out and measure properly, but this am before coming to work, i measured anywhere from 5 to 6 1/2". not to acurate due to the way it was blowing. i guess i'll put it in my records as 5?

I got between 5.25" and 5.5" - I'm going with 5.25" because I err on the conservative side.

This was a freaking heavy snow. PennDOT crews have done a terrible job, main roads are all a disaster. Looked like Camp Hill didn't even plow Market ...

So I guess its safe to say that most of our areas in central Pa recieved a fairly uniform 5-10 inches of snow from either the 1st or 2nd storm or both.Nice! If only mother nature did that more often .

You bet. Hugs for all. Although I think NE PA friends got screwed.

GFS has some interesting things on it. Myself, I am in winter mode until about mid-March, then I switch to gardening mode and hoping for mild, lol.

I got between 5.25" and 5.5" - I'm going with 5.25" because I err on the conservative side.

This was a freaking heavy snow. PennDOT crews have done a terrible job, main roads are all a disaster. Looked like Camp Hill didn't even plow Market ...

I-81 was the best road i traveled.

Firehouse across the street from me was busy. Seemed like the siren blew all night long.

You bet. Hugs for all. Although I think NE PA friends got screwed.

GFS has some interesting things on it. Myself, I am in winter mode until about mid-March, then I switch to gardening mode and hoping for mild, lol.

This.

Even though we got lucky last year, we were on the softball fields by that time. People forget how march can bite us in the A$$

83N's right lane was good, everything else was covered. Cameron was actually the best road we were on this a.m.

... and I hear that thing all night, too, but it's just a dull roar for us.

You probably hear the sirens from the west shore.. There was a wreck at Cameron and Elmerton i had to navagate this morning..

Upon further review, my final total that I called into the NWS is 7.8" and not the 8.5"..although i did measure a new 2" after clearing about 6.5" last night. I did some spot measurements and they were more near 8". Could've compacted I guess but not gonna be a :weenie: about it haha.

Archived